U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does your pet stay when you leave town?
Have a neighbor look in on him/her 11 36.67%
At the vet 5 16.67%
At the boarding kennel 3 10.00%
Leave food/water for him/her 1 3.33%
Leave him/her with a friend or relative 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,685,165 times

Advertisements

QUOTE=kmway;760828]My dog gets:
- outdoor pool shaped like a bone
- sleeping quarters with a kid's bed and tv
- hours in supervised playgroups on artificial turf covering acres of fences play.
- And I can log on and watch on the webcams!!

The place rocks!
PICS:
Outdoor pool:
http://campwaggingtails.com/customers/105011714253975/images/CWT10.31.06_021.jpg (broken link)
Indoor play:
http://campwaggingtails.com/customers/105011714253975/images/IMG_0140.JPG (broken link)
Outdoor play:
http://campwaggingtails.com/customers/105011714253975/images/TipandStonebirthday_009.jpg (broken link)
Sleeping quarters:
http://campwaggingtails.com/customers/105011714253975/images/20060306160238V2.jpg (broken link)[/quote]

OK...that is so COOL!!!!
Where is it though, and how did you find it?????
It's like a hotel for pups!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM

489 posts, read 1,857,029 times
My dog is no problem, loves car rides, so she can come with. At present, I am also saddled with a neighbor's dog (who isn't a neighbor anymore - no idea what he is doing, but that is for another thread) who has been here for three months and been extended to another TWO MONTHS. I'm not even sure that this dog hasn't been left for good . . . so that is where my former neighbor's dog stays when he leaves town! LOLOLOL My houseguest is a Doberman so that limits my ability to stay in a motel if I need to on the way somewhere. However, it is actually my cat that is the problem and the reason that I do not go anywhere. She is 15 years old, beautiful personality, very loving, and affectionate. Purrs the moment she sees me, talks to me everyday, gives me kisses daily, and follows me around so there is a bigtime bond with her. No way will I board her (don't believe in kenneling, which is how I got this Doberman houseguest), but the biggest challenge is her teeth: She can only eat WET FOOD. That is her sustenance. She isn't a cat who can just be given a large bowl of dry kibble and left. If she isn't getting wet food 3 -4 times a day, she is starving. Plain and simple. A lot of people just don't get this nor do they understand it even when it is explained (because cats, for the most part, are so independent - - how many people leave a big bowl of dry food and water and just go for the weekend?) . . . so I don't leave her in the care of anyone. I love her too much to risk that I will come home to find her severely malnutritioned and health-compromised or dead. She additionally doesn't ride well in the car anymore. Gets too stressed, and vet says that while she is VERY HEALTHY, stress (and even a tranquilizer) could compromise her system. Things are such in our area that we definitely cannot give someone a key to take care of her that way - - even though the wet food issue would still exist. So, I go nowhere that permits a stay over night. It is just a part of my commitment to my dear, sweet feline friend at this stage in her life. I love her, and my desire to travel is not more important than her health and safety. (I do from time to time try to figure out how to invent a wet food feeder, though! LOLOLOL)

Old 05-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,811,780 times
My mother had to move in with me recently (3 weeks now) so now I have much more freedom, although no one to be free with anymore....yippie! BUT, when we did go away, it was no more than a week max. That was maybe twice a year. My mother would move in to my house temporarily for those events. It was a lot of work but 2 dogs, 5 cats.....it was the best solution. Of course, she's the elderly one so she can't walk the dogs but they have plenty of fenced in yard where they can "chill". :-)))

Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 PM

12,386 posts, read 31,337,219 times
My dog is a service dog so she goes everywhere with me.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,667,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Believe it, or not...wherever we are going, our dogs come too.
I mean, if we go out at night (yeah, can't remember the last time THAT happend...lol...), they are fine by themselves, since I have 2 keeping each other company.
If we go on vacation, they come. My husband had to go back down to FL for 3 days, and take care of some things, I stayed to take care of my pups.
For me and my husband, it is HELL to be away from them....sorry, not a chance...I call it being "overly commited" ...sorry....
To each their own, I guess

That's us, too! Even though I dog sit for neighbors & friends, I don't feel comfortable leaving them with anybody else. The female had such a traumatic time at the humane society (and God only knows what happened before that,) I just can't stand to leave those little faces. They love to go for rides & are good travelers!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 AM

2,949 posts, read 12,156,326 times
Mickey, our Whippet, goes everywhere with us. If we're gone for days or weeks at a time, we will leave him at a kennel much like the pictures you've seen here.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:23 PM

615 posts, read 787,659 times
You should put another poll option. None. Because I take my dog anywhere I go on vacations/road trips/day trips.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:58 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,811,174 times
I have a pro take care of them on my farm on the rare occasions I'm out of town.

They only go in the car with me during the winter as it's too hot during the spring summer fall.

The Jack loves to go in the car but the Corgi is not quite sure about it.

I'm even thinking of getting a different truck so I'll have a back seat for them

Right now during the winter you can see me tooling around town with both of them in my lap

Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,811,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I have a pro take care of them on my farm on the rare occasions I'm out of town.

They only go in the car with me during the winter as it's too hot during the spring summer fall.

The Jack loves to go in the car but the Corgi is not quite sure about it.

I'm even thinking of getting a different truck so I'll have a back seat for them

Right now during the winter you can see me tooling around town with both of them in my lap

I totally agree with your idea. You must get a new truck with a back seat for the babies. We had to do that, but they're worth it!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:18 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,339,546 times
kmway - That is the type of place I want to open when I win the lottery!

We usually take Cassy with us, she does not like to travel but would rather be with us than away. The few times we flew or went somewhere she could not be, we left her with our Vet. They are so good and know her history and she really does not mind (although when we leave it breaks our hearts).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or