Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Love the pics...great thread, LM

As of about three weeks ago, I have an adorable little kitten that has appropriately been named Sassy. She was a snowstorm rescue...was stuck about 15 feet up in a tree, matted with snow and shivering so bad. Now she's thriving inside, gaining weight and has learned how to manipulate humans into giving her belly rubs She's hell on wheels (well, four paws) - pure entertainment!

I don't know how the heck to put a pic right in my post but I think I managed to attach it
OHMYGOSH, Sassy is ADORABLE!!! She is so lucky you found her!

Do yourself a favor, go to a pet store and buy something called a cat nip log or a cat nip cigar - it is cloth and about 8 inches long. I have never seen a cat who did not go crazy for these toys - you will laugh your head off watching them go crazy with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,585,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OHMYGOSH, Sassy is ADORABLE!!! She is so lucky you found her!

Do yourself a favor, go to a pet store and buy something called a cat nip log or a cat nip cigar - it is cloth and about 8 inches long. I have never seen a cat who did not go crazy for these toys - you will laugh your head off watching them go crazy with it
Thanks I'll have to check out that toy....thanks for the idea!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gypsy loved traveling with me. When I packed up the night before for an antique show, she'd jump into the car and sleep in it overnight. I think that she was worried that I might forget her. On the road, Gypsy would just go to sleep. My car was her mobile dog house. And after my pug died, Gypsy was my only dog until she passed. She didn't want to share me with another dog, and I respected her wishes.

At the time that I met my boyfriend, I was dogless. He was also dogless, as our pooches had both died within several months of each other. A year after my boyfriend moved in with me, I found a dog in TN through Petfinder that I wanted to adopt. Once at the shelter, I picked out two more dogs to save.

When I got Daphne and her puppies, the puppies were just over a month old. They were getting their teeth and she really didn't enjoy nursing them. So I took the puppies and kept them in my bathtub. A few times a day, I would take one puppy at a time and let the puppy nurse. I fed the puppies high grade puppy food. Daphne didn't really enjoy the company of her children until they were fully weaned and had stopped running to her nipples for milk. Now she loves playing with them in the yard.
Now that is so funny, about Daphne liking her pups better AFTER they were weaned, lol. A lot of moms can relate I bet!

I've been doing quite a bit of traveling for the last six months and Callie has gone with me every time. She is becoming a real "road warrior". Last week we were in a hotel in Pennsylvania and she looked like the Queen of Sheba regally stretched out on that big king sized bed, lol. I put her carrier in up where she can see out of the window while we drive, she's much happier with scenary to look at. When I used to keep the carrier on the floor board she cried and cried - who knew cats would want to watch the cars go by??

Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
Callie is a beautie. My cat (GD Cat) is not mutually loved by my husband. He named her: "God D--n Cat" (I shortened it). He also calls her "Fur Licking A-- Hole", and "Sad Sack Piece of S--t Cat", but I love her enough for both of us. She's used to lots of "knoatching", that's a Pa. Dutch expression for picking up an animal and lovin' the stuffin' out of it, whether they're in the mood for it or not. I've had her since she was a tiny kitten. I spotted a sign that said, "Free Kittens", and I brought her home for my youngest daughter. My husband was not happy with the new addition, and I thought I'd have to take her back. When he saw my daughter's face, he relented, and said the kitty was on "probation". Later, HE was the one who made the appointment with the vet for checkup and shots and to have her spayed. I knew then my husband had grown soft on her and the probation was over. He still calls her the long version of her name, among others, but I see him scratch her head once in a while.
GD Cat, I love it!

Knoatching - that's what I do too!!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Mine is an ungrateful, pain in the ass yorkie, who won't get a haircut or a job. Oh yeah, he licks his butt then tries to lick my face, too.
His tongue is cleaning your face because it smells like his butt.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,517,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
His tongue is cleaning your face because it smells like his butt.
Remind me to stop using your pillows then.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,914,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
5 cats, and I am not an old cat lady! Two cats just came to our doors, hungry and clearly disposed by someone. I had my original 3 (my personal maximum), so the new cats probably smelled cat presence. It's a bit too many for me, but I am not disposing of them, not voluntarily.

Maybe because I have had them for years, I don't really think of the therapeutic effects, but they do make you feel better/warmer.

Trying not to attach myself emotionally to my chickens since they are going to be food!
I think the rule is you have to have more than 10 cats to be the crazy cat lady. That is a rule I just made up because I am right behind ya with my 4 plus I have a chinchilla.

My kitties are pretty funny. I work really late at night and my husband works days. We are always having little talks with them to behave such as when I get home at 2am, I tell them we can cuddle but not play since they are loud. He tells them that I am sleeping in and they better not yell at the door (they are not allowed in the bedroom since they are not considerate sleepers). As if the little buggers can understand us! Some mornings though we wake up and wonder what the heck went on in the house. All the cabinets open, once the freezer was open, and their toy basket emptied and strewn all over the place. How is it that a 7lb cat can sound like a herd of cattle when running?

They are spoiled. My grandmother would be spinning in her grave if she knew that her fur hat and fur collar were cat toys. I am never wearing the things and one of my cats likes to sleep with them and clean them.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,914,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Oh loves your cat is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm a dog person myself, I love her to death, but she just pooped in the living room while I was out so I'll say some nice things about her later perhaps.
Oh no! What did you do that made her so mad???? Love how fur babies get their revenge!

One of my cats I got because he wouldn't stop pooping on his old owners bed. Of course she told me this after he was in my car and ready to go to my home. He was very mad at her for never being home. Luckily he hasn't done this at my place in the 4 years I have had him.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Remind me to stop using your pillows then.
I would but you keep forgetting yours when you come over and your hemroid creme smears....you owe me PILLOWS!....

Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,517,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I would but you keep forgetting yours when you come over and your hemroid creme smears....you owe me PILLOWS!....
Sorry! This whole time I thought that smear was your anal wart treament. Gosh, I feel so messy now.

Your turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets