U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM

29,990 posts, read 19,682,640 times
LOL....love it! Thanks for sharing.

might add: garbage cans are off limits and not a source for "take-out" (be it food or anything else)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 AM

753 posts, read 1,393,618 times
Oh my gosh that was hilarious!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 385 times
I love it! Thanks for posting!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,304,335 times
As an owner of both pets and children (at least they let me think so) I must admit that I have never seen anything that sums it up so well. My only addition would be "I am thoroughly capable of taking a shower without supervision". You've made my day!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:32 PM

2,918 posts, read 939,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
I can think of a million other reasons why dogs are WORSE than kids, and NO, kids are much easier to train than dogs, not least because they actually grow up and become adults, and are far far more intelligent.

Fina to have a pet as an ADDITION to a family. But these weirdos who think a dog or whatever can be "in place" of a child really confuse me. Did God create them only part human in the first place, without the emotional maturity etc... and maybe they shouldn't be in a human body but maybe that of a dog instead?
There's nothing sadder than a person who failed so much in life they thought having a dog would make up for having a child they really wanted but never had.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:40 PM

29,990 posts, read 19,682,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
I can think of a million other reasons why dogs are WORSE than kids, and NO, kids are much easier to train than dogs, not least because they actually grow up and become adults, and are far far more intelligent.

Fina to have a pet as an ADDITION to a family. But these weirdos who think a dog or whatever can be "in place" of a child really confuse me. Did God create them only part human in the first place, without the emotional maturity etc... and maybe they shouldn't be in a human body but maybe that of a dog instead?
There's nothing sadder than a person who failed so much in life they thought having a dog would make up for having a child they really wanted but never had.
Ouch! God didn't bless us all with human children. I tried, could not, miscarried. Dogs have filled an empty spot in my heart where I can give and receive unconditional love. If you call that emotional immaturity I seriously suggest you look in the mirror before posting.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM

7,648 posts, read 8,536,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post

wow ...... that's pretty harsh.....

and what about those of us who are childless by CHOICE???

Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM

21,282 posts, read 11,825,384 times
Wait! Somebody's been in my house!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,364,020 times
Quote:
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack
ROFL!!!! So true! Love it, thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets