Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 PM

15 posts, read 63,782 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

On July 21st, there is a score match(Manchester united vs philadelphia union). We don't have tickets now. So, is it possible to purchase tickets from those guys who selling ticekets bofore the match at Lincoln Financial Field(they sell tickets cheaper than the paper value). We are not sure whether they will appear again this time. If not, can we purchase tickets from the official seller at Lincoln Financial Field? Otherwise, we will miss the match without tickets.

Thanks a lot,

Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
I'm sure the scalpers ("those guys selling tickets before the match") will be out and about - many of them will probably be black guys trying to make a little profit by selling tickets above face value, or buying your extra tickets for face value or lower and then reselling them for above face value, if my experience attending other Philadelphia sports events is any indicator. Some of those scalpers may be selling counterfeit tickets if the demand for tickets is high enough, so buyer beware. I would guess tickets would be available at the box office ("the official seller") for the game.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM

15 posts, read 63,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
I'm sure the scalpers ("those guys selling tickets before the match") will be out and about - many of them will probably be black guys trying to make a little profit by selling tickets above face value, or buying your extra tickets for face value or lower and then reselling them for above face value, if my experience attending other Philadelphia sports events is any indicator. Some of those scalpers may be selling counterfeit tickets if the demand for ti.ckets is high enough, so buyer beware. I would guess tickets would be available at the box office ("the official seller") for the game.
Thank you so much for your detailed explain. I also learned some new words.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 PM

434 posts, read 1,312,459 times
Andy- You can also still buy tickets at Ticketmaster.com (though they're notorious for high "service fees"). They have an option to print your own tickets at home (your "tickets" really just become a piece of paper with your seat numbers & a bar code that will be scanned at the gate upon entry) after you pay online. Sometimes Ticketmaster also presents an option to pick up your tickets at the box office (at Lincoln Financial Field in this case), which you can do right before the match. Maybe one of these options might work?

That said, I'd be surprised if tickets weren't available for sale directly from the box office before the match. The Linc is HUGE and, sadly, soccer just isn't all that big a deal around here.

I'd consider the scalpers only your back up plan if all else fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: