Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,648,898 times

Advertisements

It's so ironic (and great) to me that someone would want to come to Philly to experience a winning sports team!
It's truly a new era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,895,774 times
This Saturday we're having our Christmas party at the house and requested all of our family & friends to be there and told we have an announcement. We'll tell them about we might be moving back to Philly and her job. My Sister asked if we're having baby and told her no, its good news but I don't know if its good news they will want to hear.

So.., how did that news go over with the family? We haven't heard from you in a while.., so I hope that didn't tie you guys up in the basement or something. (lol)

Old 12-21-2010, 05:29 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
This Saturday we're having our Christmas party at the house and requested all of our family & friends to be there and told we have an announcement. We'll tell them about we might be moving back to Philly and her job. My Sister asked if we're having baby and told her no, its good news but I don't know if its good news they will want to hear.

So.., how did that news go over with the family? We haven't heard from you in a while.., so I hope that didn't tie you guys up in the basement or something. (lol)
Pssst, Billy...you need to learn how to incorporate a quote from someone else's post into your own. Your post above makes it look like YOU are the one having the Christmas party and making the announcement, instead of the OP.

When you're replying to another post, click the "quote" button on the lower right side of their post...then you can finish it up with your own comments. Hope this helps.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM

42 posts, read 124,414 times
Default Good Afternoon Soon To Be Fellow Philadelphians

Hello and and hope everyone had a happy holiday and a Happy New Year. Hard to believe another year has come and went and just watching our Browns getting beat by the Steelers.

Here's an update on our moving situation. We announced to our family & friends at our Christmas party what was going on and about my wife's job offer in Philly and of course they were alittle sad but they said she should take the job since its great money and with the way the economy is here in Cleveland, so we made our decision and she's taking the job. She'll be starting on Feb 1st. On Jan. 27th, my Brother is throwing a fair well party for her then on Friday the 28th I'm driving her to Philly in her car and then I'll fly back to Cleveland and she'll be staying with friends till the apt in Ardmore is available which is supposed to be Feb 1st also. The week before Christmas we got all our stuff packed and ready to go with the help of our family & friends and the only things we have out are the bed couch chair and TV and a few things. We flew into Philly on Dec 27th to see our Philly friends and they are elated we're moving back.Went to the delayed Vikings-Eagles game that night since our friend had tickets and seen the apt in Ardmore and its nice just like the pictures. A young couple are in there and they bought a house so thats why they are moving and they told us how much they liked it there. We looked around and we decided to take it. Put down the deposit and the couple said that most likely they'll be out a few days before and our friend's Brother who is the landlord said we can move in then if we want which will be a help since everything is ready to go and can get our house here rented out. My Sister has a friend who is a real estate agent and she's going to handle renting out the house. I told her that I want a employer verification,credit check and at least to references with one from a previous landlord and I want to meet the tenant also and she said thats no problem and she also said she thinks she can rented out soon since its close to the Rapid Red Line Puritas stop and will make it available Feb 1st.

Now the resaon why I have to fly back to Cleveland is because of my work. One woman just went out on maternity leave and won't be back till April 1st so my HR director asked if I could stay around till then and she would help me with a transfer to the Crown plaza in Philly since she knows the GM & HR director there so thats good for me. I'll be in Cleveland till April although I'll be back & forth to Philly on certain weekends to see my wife and get settled in the new apt and after Feb 1st I'll stay at my Brother's till I move to Philly myself since hopefully the house will be rented out. Also during that time, I'll have to drive my car to Philly and leave the 3rd car with my brother for now and then there's the hassle of changing license,registration to PA,buying PA insurance and then inspection but we'll worry about that after we get settled and just leave all 3 cars registered in Ohio since our car insurance is paid up till June.

Well thats whats going on with us,looking forward to moving back to Philly, wish us luck and GO BROWNS!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:41 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,585,480 times
So,the Eagles losing is your fault? Seriously, I hope things work out for you and you enjoy living here (again).

Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
So,the Eagles losing is your fault? Seriously, I hope things work out for you and you enjoy living here (again).

Haha. Thanks. I liked living in Philly before so I know I'll like it again. Since my Browns didn't make the playoffs again as usual I'm be rooting for the Eagles for my 2nd hometown.

Paul

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Hello & Good Evening

Hope everyone survived winter. Spring will soon be here and baseball season is right around the corner and the Phillies should be exciting. My wife is now in Philly and she likes her new job alot. I said to her how does she like being back in Philly since she said it was too big and too fast paced for her when we were there the first time. She said since she likes her new job alot, she doesn't mind.

My family & friends had a going away party for us and then we drove in her car to Philly and got her settled. I had our stuff sent there a few days before and we met the moving truck when we arrived in Ardmore. Flew back and then I drove my car there and stayed a few days to help get our place in order and then back to Cleveland.

I rented out my house, a professor from CSU had just split up with his wife. He liked it very much and he seems like a nice guy. He gave references and he checked out and he moved in Feb 7th. He likes the location and being so close to the Rapid Puritas stop. So now I'm staying at my brother's till I can go to Philly which was supposed to be in April but now it won't be till the end of May because the co worker who went out on maternity leave needs more time for some reason and my HR Director ask me to stay on till after Memorial Day so I said yes plus she will help with my transfer to the Crown Plaza in Philly. Oh well I don't mind satying in Cleveland a little longer. Be able to catch some Tribe's games at the Jake (sorry, I can't call it Progressive Field) before I leave. I told my wife about and she doesn't mind but she doesn't want me to be any longer than that.

I stopped at The Crown Plaza in Philly when I was there last week and since I worked there before seen co workers who I know and met some new people who arrived after I left and they said they can't wait till I come back. Its nice to know that you're welcomed.

Paul

Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeClevelander View Post
Hope everyone survived winter. Spring will soon be here and baseball season is right around the corner and the Phillies should be exciting. My wife is now in Philly and she likes her new job alot. I said to her how does she like being back in Philly since she said it was too big and too fast paced for her when we were there the first time. She said since she likes her new job alot, she doesn't mind.

My family & friends had a going away party for us and then we drove in her car to Philly and got her settled. I had our stuff sent there a few days before and we met the moving truck when we arrived in Ardmore. Flew back and then I drove my car there and stayed a few days to help get our place in order and then back to Cleveland.

I rented out my house, a professor from CSU had just split up with his wife. He liked it very much and he seems like a nice guy. He gave references and he checked out and he moved in Feb 7th. He likes the location and being so close to the Rapid Puritas stop. So now I'm staying at my brother's till I can go to Philly which was supposed to be in April but now it won't be till the end of May because the co worker who went out on maternity leave needs more time for some reason and my HR Director ask me to stay on till after Memorial Day so I said yes plus she will help with my transfer to the Crown Plaza in Philly. Oh well I don't mind satying in Cleveland a little longer. Be able to catch some Tribe's games at the Jake (sorry, I can't call it Progressive Field) before I leave. I told my wife about and she doesn't mind but she doesn't want me to be any longer than that.

I stopped at The Crown Plaza in Philly when I was there last week and since I worked there before seen co workers who I know and met some new people who arrived after I left and they said they can't wait till I come back. Its nice to know that you're welcomed.

Paul
Appreciate the regular updates!

And for what it's worth, I call our baseball field Citizens Park. Note the lack of "Bank" in the name. We the citizens (Philadelphians and Pennsylvanians in general) paid for most of it.

/mini-rant

Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Appreciate the regular updates!

And for what it's worth, I call our baseball field Citizens Park. Note the lack of "Bank" in the name. We the citizens (Philadelphians and Pennsylvanians in general) paid for most of it.

/mini-rant
the bank seems to be more common

Old 03-11-2011, 06:21 PM

429 posts, read 718,962 times
Thumbs up Welcome Clevelander

So glad to hear things are working out. You'll have to let us know things you like about (don't like about) Ardmore once you've settled in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia