Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,271 times

Advertisements

It's on City Ave just off 76.

I'm thinking about relocating up from Delaware (Middletown) and I'm looking at Northwestern suburbs (Radnor, Bryn Mawr, King of Prussia, Norristown, Plymouth Meeting, etc.)

I've got 2 kids (2 & 7) so I'm looking for a location with good schools (Preschool and Pre-K options) as well as a not too miserable of a commute, so I'd like to stay relatively near to major roads. I'm not sure if public transportation would be an option for me.

We'd like to find an area that is kid-friendly and multicultural. We'll probably renting for a few years until we've got enough money together for a down payment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
shadowmn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmn View Post
It's on City Ave just off 76.

I'm thinking about relocating up from Delaware (Middletown) and I'm looking at Northwestern suburbs (Radnor, Bryn Mawr, King of Prussia, Norristown, Plymouth Meeting, etc.)

I've got 2 kids (2 & 7) so I'm looking for a location with good schools (Preschool and Pre-K options) as well as a not too miserable of a commute, so I'd like to stay relatively near to major roads. I'm not sure if public transportation would be an option for me.

We'd like to find an area that is kid-friendly and multicultural. We'll probably renting for a few years until we've got enough money together for a down payment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
shadowmn
I work in the same office park. You have plenty of good options that are very close to work -- basically, anywhere in Lower Merion Township or Narberth will give you a very short commute (about 10 minutes drive) and there are some very kid friendly neighborhoods. Lower Merion school district has a great reputation. I've DM'd you a place you can find a good rental.

There are also a number of good neighborhoods further out, but the commute gets longer very quickly, especially if you're in rush hour traffic.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM

176 posts, read 729,728 times
Wow I am looking at myself about 7 years ago. I lived in Newark DE and was working in Bala Cynwd my husband and I actually found a great gated condo right there in Bala Cynwd with a court yard. We loved it, it literally took me two minutes to get to work. I lived at 42 Conshohocken state rd, great complex with storage room in basement. Shopping is right there as you know city line has a whole bunch of things and the Bala cynwd park is awesome very kid friendly very quiet. I agree with the other person lower marion is great. Narbert is right there Wynnewood is also about 15 minutes and Ardmore and not too far as well. Those are great areas, still close to city yet suburbs feel. I bet if you look in Bala Cynwd you find a nice place. We were paying $900 for 1bdrm but it was quite big washer, dryer, dish washer and storage room in basement. Court yard was awesome kids were out there always playing safely as the place was gated there are many more buildings like that around there. I guess it all boils down to your income and what you are willing to spend. With two kids you want to be as close to home as possible it gets hectic with traffic and things and rushing from one side of the town to other just to get home and to your kids so it might be worth the extra money to find a place close to the job. I moved back to NY which is something I never should have done but my husband was following the money but if I could live any where right now I move right back there with my two kids and husband and be happy oh well I guess I'm dreaming again, NY is so darn expensive LOL

Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM

4 posts, read 14,758 times
Lower merion school district is one of the best in PA. Your job is pretty close to Lower Merion & Bala Cynwyd; both have nice houses; expensive depending on your budget.

(Radnor, Bryn Mawr - GOOD CHOICES, Nice neighborhoods, safe, family oriented and close to your job.
King of Prussia, Norristown, Plymouth Meeting - TOO FAR AWAY to be from your young children. Plymouth meeting is nice and the school district isn;t half bad. It really just depends on the type of commute you want to endure. Keep in mind - it SNOWS in Philly. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia