Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM

20 posts, read 59,694 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are an Indian couple living in Chicago downtown now.

I have a job offer in Collegeville, PA which I plan to take. If I do, I need to relocate. My office is in Collegeville.

I would like to know some good neighborhoods (preferably Indian or near Indian grocery markets) to search for a home.

The below are my requirements for choosing a good place.

1. I do not have a car - but planning to buy one soon if needed when I relocate.
2. Near to Indian grocery markets
3. Preferably a furnished house (not sure how much is the rent over there - I can go upto $1100-1200 may be)
4. We are used to city buzz in Chicago downtown - so any place that can even come near to this - and has a commute time (by car) to collegeville within 45min - I have no problem as long as above conditions are OK.

Please do let me know your suggestions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
I posted a response to this thread yesterday, and now it's gone. Strange.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 PM

6 posts, read 53,418 times
Well, I live in Collegeville and am an Indian. You will almost definitely need a car because Collegeville is far from a city. Indian grocery is available, but you will have to drive out 10-15 minutes (Norristown and Audubon). If you are looking for a large Indian community then you would want to be closer to North Wales and Lansdale, but that would require a 45 minute commute to Collegeville. In Lansdale you will find a much larger Indian community and also close Indian grocery. As far as your rent. $1200 is very little for a furnished home. You will probably only find an unfurnished 2 bedroom apartment in about $1000. However if you can go up to around $1500 you can get a nice townhome in the cranberry neighborhood or Perkiomen Woods (which is very close to the highway and all sorts of shopping). Perkiomen Woods would also be very close to work (assuming you are relocating to Pfizer because that's really the only company in Collegeville!). If you work for Pfizer, you could possibly walk to work from Perkiomen Woods.
Let me know what you think

Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM

398 posts, read 732,523 times
There is a nuclear power plant out there, beware.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:11 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbound81 View Post
There is a nuclear power plant out there, beware.
Is it free......or does it cost extra?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 8,895 times
Default Hello

Hi,

We need to move to Collegeville in May, but wondering if you could find good appartments with indian community in/near collegeville. My office is in Collegeville, but i'm preferring to take appt with good desi community. can you please suggest me any?

thanks,
Sobha

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
Hi

I have a job offer in Collegeville, PA which I plan to take. If I do, I need to relocate. My office is in Collegeville.

I would like to know some good neighborhoods (preferably Indian or near Indian grocery markets) to search for a home.

1. I do not have a car - but planning to buy one soon if needed when I relocate.
3. Preferably a furnished house (not sure how much is the rent over there - I can go upto $1100-1200 may be)
4. We are used to city buzz in Chicago downtown - so any place that can even come near to this - and has a commute time (by car) to collegeville within 45min - I have no problem as long as above conditions are OK.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Check out Audubon Court Apartments, which is on Egypt Road about 5-10 minutes from Collegeville. That's the first one that comes to mind.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM

3 posts, read 11,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
Hi

You will need a car if your are moving to Collegeville.
Lansdale has a lot of indian american people... you might want to look there if you want to be a community of people with your back ground.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM

Finally - it looks like I ll indeed be moving near Collegeville in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the info.

I was wondering about renting an apt in the places listed below. If you guys can give me some pointers as to how long it would to commute/General cost to rent an apt/nearby buzz it would be helpful for me.

1. Plymouth meeting
2. KOP
3. Royersford
4. Audubon
5. Collegeville

I am looking for a commute period of 30min in car, reasonably near groceries (Indian if possible) and other activities...

Any reliable sites to search for an apt to get a general feeling ??? TIA.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Any pointers?? TIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia