U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM

561 posts, read 689,399 times

Advertisements

I have family who are emergency responders. They will insist on taking the patients that they are called to pick up, to HUP. I've been to neither..but from their reports the quality of care of HUP is second to none and their emergency services are unbelievable.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 PM

8,884 posts, read 7,799,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
HUP is #9...... Jeff didn't make the honor roll.
Best Hospitals 2010-11: The Honor Roll - US News and World Report
of course, if you do a little resesarch, there's no basis for your rantings about mopping around dead people. the worst stories I've heard from real people come from pennsylvania hospital and that is borne out in the rankings. HUP itself may be better but Jeff ranks much better than pennsylvania.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,710,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
of course, if you do a little resesarch, there's no basis for your rantings about mopping around dead people..
I said that based on my personal experience it's that kind of place, not that it literally happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
the worst stories I've heard from real people come from pennsylvania hospital and that is borne out in the rankings. HUP itself may be better but Jeff ranks much better than pennsylvania.
You are probably correct about that. I just had some bad experiences at Jeff. I have only been to Pennsylvania for one procedure and it was uneventful. As noted already the OP isn't interested in Pennsylvania. I think between HUP and Jeff the choice is clear.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:35 PM

15,961 posts, read 5,008,760 times
The Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania is one of the very best in the whole US and in the world; for years it has ranked in the "top ten" by US News & World Report. It stands with the likes of the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Columbia Presbyterian and Barnes Jewish.

Having said that, I wish to report that I was in HUP (Silverstein Pavilion) for 4 days in December 2010 for a major operation. I cannot describe my care as outstanding ... when I called for nurses - something I rarely did and did not abuse - they were slow to respond. For making me feel comfortable, looking after my personal hygiene, etc. I must say that I could only rate them a "B-" or even a "C+"

I base my experience on the fact that little more than 2 weeks ago I had an emergency situation at work near Norristown and was rushed by ambulance to Montgomery Hospital. I was there for 3 days. The quality of comfort, response, and care was so much more compassionate and satisfying at this rather worn older suburban hospital.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM

7,781 posts, read 12,002,970 times
ClarkPark, I wish you were able to provide a comparison under better circumstances but glad to see that you're doing okay.

Have a problem with another member? Report the post, contact a moderator via Direct Message or click here to add them to your ignore list!

Are you in the real estate industry? Check this out!

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,867 times
Thanks for all of the replies! If anyone else has any more personal experiences that they donít mind sharing that would be great! I have found those posts to be particularly helpful

Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM

15,961 posts, read 5,008,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
ClarkPark, I wish you were able to provide a comparison under better circumstances but glad to see that you're doing okay.
Thanks, Tone ... I've been quite healthy almost all of my life but now I have medical issues. I'm beginning to think it's my time to make out my will, but my affairs in order, and start shopping around for a cemetery plot.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Thanks, Tone ... I've been quite healthy almost all of my life but now I have medical issues. I'm beginning to think it's my time to make out my will, but my affairs in order, and start shopping around for a cemetery plot.
You don't have to be sick to get hit by a bus.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Fox 29 just did a thing on the area's best hospitals. I don't know what their source was. The rank was
1. HUP
2.Jeff
3.Temple
4.Christiana
5. Hanahamann and Pennsylvania tied
They assigned scores and HUP was significantly higher than jeff but I don't remember the detais.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 PM

551 posts, read 547,307 times
Best Hospitals in Philadelphia, PA - US News Best Hospitals

us news was the source!!

From Personal experience HUP is best as well!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia