Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,219 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be relocating from San Diego so I can work in west Trenton. I am originally from south jersey so have a rough idea about the area but am still not sure of where exactly is the best. We are late 20s early 30s and would like somewhere that has a grocery store, coffee shop, restaurant etc close by.

Also, I am finding it difficult to find houses to rent online. (Our price range is about 1000/month) We have a 60 pound shepard mix so are looking for a dog friendly rental where my commute would be around 20 minutes. He may work in Philly, so we were thinking of the Morrisville area. We don't have kids yet, so school districts aren't a problem. All I am finding is large scale apartment complexes that look all but appealing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 08:39 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
You might try www.realtor.com using the "rent" option and the zip codes 19047, 18940, 19030, 19056. Use the search feature here to get the story on "Levittown" since it dominates this area and will probably offer the best value for you, but stick with Middletown Township (Make sure the posts are in the Philadelphia forum and not the Long Island, NY levittown) Stay away from anything with the word "Bristol" in it. Rental apartment complexes in this area tend to draw a low class of people even in the better neighborhoods.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,525 times
My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Bucks County area. We currently live in Chester County, which we love, but he has been commuting to Princeton, NJ for two years and the commute is an hour and 15 min each way. We have a young daughter and are expecting another baby this summer. We need to be near 95, and preferably with a 30 min or under commute to Princeton. We figure if we are going to leave a place we love, we want to be as close as possible to his work. Obviously schools are a factor, we want to be near a good school district. I have heard Yardley and Newtown are good areas. Could someone tell me the taxes in the area? Are these areas pretty conjested with people pushing out from the NYC and Philly areas? Our price range is in the 400-500's. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:17 PM

692 posts, read 2,351,737 times
I would stick to Yardley or Newtown (areas off of I95) if you want to be close to commuting distance to Princeton. I live in yardley and work in Langhorne - commute to Princeton during rush hour from yardley is 25 min, non rush hour is 15.

Taxes? It depends... but if you are looking at a 400-500k house in newtown you'll probably be looking around 6-7k in taxes, in yardley it can be a little higher depending on which part you look in (some of the newer areas of lower makefield are high taxes, upwards of 9-10k for that price range, they were all assessed during the boom!) ... yardley boro, or older neighborhoods? down around 6k.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:37 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina View Post
My husband and I will be relocating from San Diego so I can work in west Trenton. I am originally from south jersey so have a rough idea about the area but am still not sure of where exactly is the best. We are late 20s early 30s and would like somewhere that has a grocery store, coffee shop, restaurant etc close by.

Also, I am finding it difficult to find houses to rent online. (Our price range is about 1000/month) We have a 60 pound shepard mix so are looking for a dog friendly rental where my commute would be around 20 minutes. He may work in Philly, so we were thinking of the Morrisville area. We don't have kids yet, so school districts aren't a problem. All I am finding is large scale apartment complexes that look all but appealing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
i am planning a move to san diego. i currently live in Morrisville. I wish i was ready to move now, i would rent you my house. we are the same age. same plan, just opposite coasts. and i would probably avoid the apt complexes in morrisville. not the best characters.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,485,546 times
when i relocated to this area i originally wanted to rent a house (preferablly a townhouse), but i found it so difficult to find houses to rent at realistic prices that a just gave up and bought something.

i think you want yardley or newtown, unless you want to live in NJ (which i would not)

Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,048 times
renting a townhouse will be cheaper than a single fam- also there are alot of townhouse developments near morrisville, in langhorne, bensalem.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:56 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
renting a townhouse will be cheaper than a single fam- also there are alot of townhouse developments near morrisville, in langhorne, bensalem.
Im not seeing all these townhome developments for rent in the area.

could you name some developments in the area ??? that are close to 1 and 95 ??thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia