U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 2,176 times

Advertisements

I too suggest Conshohocken. I live there. Nice restaurants on Fayette street. Nice bar/nightlife scene on Friday and Saturday nights. most other nights its pretty dead. Conshy is a safe, and quiet town that is close to the city via train or car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,251,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 242chopper View Post
I too suggest Conshohocken. I live there. Nice restaurants on Fayette street. Nice bar/nightlife scene on Friday and Saturday nights. most other nights its pretty dead. Conshy is a safe, and quiet town that is close to the city via train or car.
Very spot-on description. Conshy to me is basically an extension of Manayunk. Very much a hot spot for young professionals, many of them with money to spend. That said, cost-of-living here can be rather pricey, but you're also close to a lot of great amenities and good proximity to the city.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 AM

149 posts, read 193,458 times
Conshohocken is a nice area. It's close to the city, especially Manayunk which has a lot of 20 and 30 somethings. It's also pretty close to Chesterbrook. Conshohocken is nice because it has a lot of character to it. It's not just sprawl and strip malls. Hope this helps!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 5,297 times
Thanks my employer also referred me to the Manayunk area. So I am looking there as well.

I am shocked to learn that there is a wage tax. Will I have to pay that if I live in Conshohocken or Manayunk?

If anyone has any recommendations on places in Manayunk I would appreciate it. Also I wonder how far of a commute I will have to Chesterbrook.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:08 PM

3,971 posts, read 8,606,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klnelson View Post
Thanks my employer also referred me to the Manayunk area. So I am looking there as well.

I am shocked to learn that there is a wage tax. Will I have to pay that if I live in Conshohocken or Manayunk?

If anyone has any recommendations on places in Manayunk I would appreciate it. Also I wonder how far of a commute I will have to Chesterbrook.
Manauyunk is a neighborhood in Philadlephia County so yes you will have to pay a 3.5% wage tax if you live there eventhough you will work in Conshohocken(Montgomery County).

If you live outside of Philadephia County you will not have to pay that 3.5% city wage tax but most likely will be dinged 1% local county tax.

Manayunk to Chesterbrook is only 15 miles apart but the commute is a nightmare. Rush hour you are looking at 45 min- 1 Hr. No rush 20-25 min.

Last edited by rainrock; 06-12-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia