Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 06:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,230,755 times

Advertisements

Temple may get a football stadium very soon!

Temple's goal: 35,000-seat, $100 million stadium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
^Pretty cool, but kind of a slap in the face to all the 7 Teams that were cut including baseball and track & field.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Changing Skyline: In new developments, Philadelphia's urban dreams meet suburban reality

Ingas take on urban development and zoning.

"Part of the reason is that the administration still operates in the same old desperation mode that views any development as good development. City Council may be even worse in its eagerness to push through special zoning bills."

This paragraph pretty much sums it up well and can be applied to many lackluster projects throughout the city, such as the Boyd mess and the blob at 5th and Race I believe.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:27 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Changing Skyline: In new developments, Philadelphia's urban dreams meet suburban reality

Ingas take on urban development and zoning.

"Part of the reason is that the administration still operates in the same old desperation mode that views any development as good development. City Council may be even worse in its eagerness to push through special zoning bills."

This paragraph pretty much sums it up well and can be applied to many lackluster projects throughout the city, such as the Boyd mess and the blob at 5th and Race I believe.
This time I agree with her. A real rarity for me.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:33 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Boyd Theatre Project: Will the Cecil Baker's Design Redo Make the Grade?

An official rendering of the tower. Aside from the loss of the Boyd I think this tower is much more attractive than the first iteration. And standing at 382 ft, that officially a skyscraper

Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
JPMorgan Chase adding 1,800 jobs

Job growth continues to absolutely kill it in Delaware.. The nice part about JPMorgan's new campus is that it is in North Wilmington and they are providing many options to take public transportation through SEPTA.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:21 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
JPMorgan Chase adding 1,800 jobs

Job growth continues to absolutely kill it in Delaware.. The nice part about JPMorgan's new campus is that it is in North Wilmington and they are providing many options to take public transportation through SEPTA.
^FSEPTA^RDART

SEPTA operates Regional Rail service in northern New Castle County under contract to the Delaware Transit Corporation (DART First State), a subsidiary of the Delaware Department of Transportation. The State of Delaware owns four Silverliner V coaches purchased for the service (of course, they circulate throughout the SEPTA Regional Rail system along with all the others, but the purchase was a sign that this is a Delaware initiative. You will see small "Property of the State of Delaware" plaques on each of the four cars).

And to get from Wilmington station to North Wilmington, those Regional Rail riders will transfer to DART bus routes.

Edited to add trivia: IIRC, Delaware's funding of R2 service through Wilmington to Newark makes Delaware's largest city the smallest city in the United States with commuter rail service.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:05 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
^FSEPTA^RDART

SEPTA operates Regional Rail service in northern New Castle County under contract to the Delaware Transit Corporation (DART First State), a subsidiary of the Delaware Department of Transportation. The State of Delaware owns four Silverliner V coaches purchased for the service (of course, they circulate throughout the SEPTA Regional Rail system along with all the others, but the purchase was a sign that this is a Delaware initiative. You will see small "Property of the State of Delaware" plaques on each of the four cars).

And to get from Wilmington station to North Wilmington, those Regional Rail riders will transfer to DART bus routes.

Edited to add trivia: IIRC, Delaware's funding of R2 service through Wilmington to Newark makes Delaware's largest city the smallest city in the United States with commuter rail service.
oh I have had some fun on dart this past year as I have gotten acclimated to traveling down there lol.. I never noticed the plaques before but I will keep my eye out now and just an fyi, to the new campus it's a shuttle service back up 202 and not a numbered dart bus. Obviously each of JPMC's locations are different in terms of how to get there without a car.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:02 AM

236 posts, read 318,965 times
Kind of off topic but I've been wishing for awhile that DART/Septa would partner with MARC to connect Newark and Perryville by regional rail. That would give those of us who want to get down to Baltimore and DC another rail option besides Amtrak. Newark or Perryville could serve similarly to Trenton on the way to NYC. I believe Amtrak owns the line so I'm sure that's why it'll never happen, but I wish we had a cheaper and more flexible option than Amtrak to get down there. I've taken Megabus several times but prefer rail. I can't be the only one.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:51 AM

857 posts, read 1,364,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1813 View Post
Kind of off topic but I've been wishing for awhile that DART/Septa would partner with MARC to connect Newark and Perryville by regional rail. That would give those of us who want to get down to Baltimore and DC another rail option besides Amtrak. Newark or Perryville could serve similarly to Trenton on the way to NYC. I believe Amtrak owns the line so I'm sure that's why it'll never happen, but I wish we had a cheaper and more flexible option than Amtrak to get down there. I've taken Megabus several times but prefer rail. I can't be the only one.
I'm sure you're not the only one, but there probably isn't a real demand to warrant such a line. The area between Philly & NY is a little more intertwined/more connected/way more demand for commuters than say from Philly to Maryland/DC. I'm pretty sure there's probably more people who travel between NY and Philly for business/etc.

Ps. I've taken the Megabus from Philly to Baltimore countless times, it's not that bad. However, like you, I prefer rail service. Taking NJT/Septa from NY or NJ into Philly (mainly on the Double Decker cars) is such a breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia