U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
 
Location: The City
18,087 posts, read 13,380,894 times
Reputation: 5099
MUST READ: Why Philly shouldn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
 
Location: The City
18,087 posts, read 13,380,894 times
Reputation: 5099
What Will It Take for New Philadelphians to Clean Up City Hall? | Philadelphia Magazine Articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
5,422 posts, read 3,355,169 times
Reputation: 1852
All Aboard: BRT Coming to City Branch

SEPTA considers Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) for the underground SEPTA portion of the Reading Viaduct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,139 posts, read 11,411,636 times
Reputation: 4085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
All Aboard: BRT Coming to City Branch

SEPTA considers Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) for the underground SEPTA portion of the Reading Viaduct
WTF , enough with these stupid bus proposals.... And i'm shocked the Transit community supports , typical of SEPA...this is why Septa doesn't expand because the community doesn't seem to push the right projects...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
 
Location: West Cedar Park, Philadelphia
1,223 posts, read 1,066,837 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
WTF , enough with these stupid bus proposals.... And i'm shocked the Transit community supports , typical of SEPA...this is why Septa doesn't expand because the community doesn't seem to push the right projects...
It's not the worst idea. It saves the tunnel for transit usage and makes it easier to upgrade in the future.

The competing plan for the tunnel right now is an underground walking/biking trail.

Given the choice I will take BRT any day, and I'm no fan of buses, but we have to preserve a key piece of infrastructure for transit rather than let it turn into a mile long homeless shelter, latrine, and mugging corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
5,422 posts, read 3,355,169 times
Reputation: 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
It's not the worst idea. It saves the tunnel for transit usage and makes it easier to upgrade in the future.

The competing plan for the tunnel right now is an underground walking/biking trail.

Given the choice I will take BRT any day, and I'm no fan of buses, but we have to preserve a key piece of infrastructure for transit rather than let it turn into a mile long homeless shelter, latrine, and mugging corridor.
I agree... this will one day turn into a light rail line I can guarantee that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
 
Location: The City
18,087 posts, read 13,380,894 times
Reputation: 5099
From summer in another forum

More doings at Temple





http://www.piattarchitecture.com/projects/temple.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:18 AM
 
Location: The City
18,087 posts, read 13,380,894 times
Reputation: 5099
And more from Summer

401 Race potential concept render


http://www.jkrpartners.com/portfolio...401/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
 
1,697 posts, read 893,148 times
Reputation: 1108
Am I alone in thinking that the Mint should move?

What a hulking behemoth of a steel/concrete box that cuts off Old City from Chinatown.
Move the Mint and the Roundhouse and get a few ped friendly infill projects on Race and you stitch that part of the city back together again. Franklin Square is a good first step but it could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
And more from Summer

401 Race potential concept render


http://www.jkrpartners.com/portfolio...401/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
 
Location: The City
18,087 posts, read 13,380,894 times
Reputation: 5099
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
Am I alone in thinking that the Mint should move?

What a hulking behemoth of a steel/concrete box that cuts off Old City from Chinatown.
Move the Mint and the Roundhouse and get a few ped friendly infill projects on Race and you stitch that part of the city back together again. Franklin Square is a good first step but it could be better.

The round house very well may be redevloped after they move to West Philly


Dont ever see the mint moving at this point (or the forceeable future)


Better connections into Franklin Sq would be a plus.

That area between Vine and Arch and 9th to 5th has a lot of potential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top