U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM
 
Location: The City
19,357 posts, read 16,700,140 times
Reputation: 5787

Advertisements

Mixed-Use Development Project

More on the W - 50 stories and to become the 5th tallest in Philly

I guess this will be taller than the Bell Atlantic Bldg or whatever it is called today

That would put it between 740 and 790 feet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Center City
147 posts, read 157,265 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
I had not noticed that and I hope I wont....

Haha, trust me you're better off not seeing something like that. The sad thing is that I know all of the homeless people in my area because I see them everyday. So much, that I have realized that most of the homeless aren't the problem panhandlers. It's the drug addicts/alcoholics that ask me for money on a daily basis.

I think the only person that I have given something to was the guy with the cat that hangs out around 12th or 13th on Market. I feel bad for the cat, so I pick up about two weeks of food and some treats for the little one. If I have a take out tray, or sandwich I'll give it too the guy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 AM
 
Location: The City
19,357 posts, read 16,700,140 times
Reputation: 5787


Brian Goes to Town: Unbuilt Philadelphia: Twin towers at the Gallery II
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM
 
Location: The City
19,357 posts, read 16,700,140 times
Reputation: 5787
Planning Commission approves plan for Canal Street entertainment complex, with conditions | PlanPhilly: Planning Philadelphia's Future



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
 
Location: The City
19,357 posts, read 16,700,140 times
Reputation: 5787
Roundhouse, Broad & Lombard Health Center At Top Of Endangered List | Hidden City Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Philadelphian-transplant from Miami
1,134 posts, read 581,618 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbarian View Post
Haha, trust me you're better off not seeing something like that. The sad thing is that I know all of the homeless people in my area because I see them everyday. So much, that I have realized that most of the homeless aren't the problem panhandlers. It's the drug addicts/alcoholics that ask me for money on a daily basis.

I think the only person that I have given something to was the guy with the cat that hangs out around 12th or 13th on Market. I feel bad for the cat, so I pick up about two weeks of food and some treats for the little one. If I have a take out tray, or sandwich I'll give it too the guy too.
Hmmm...I learn something new! I try not to befriend them at all because I had a bad experience back then in Miami where the guy ended up robbing me.

I know which guy with the cat you are talking about. You did the right thing. Unfortunately, alot of pan handlers have cats or dogs just so that people feel pity for them and give them money. But you did the right thing by giving him cat foods. That guy got owned!
There is another by Daffy's building. It's a girl with a dog. She looks too healthy to even pan handling!
And also one trend I noticed from these panhandlers is that they always bow their heads down super low; I think it is another trick they have to attract sympathy. It's almost comical to be honest since it reminds me of an episode of Merrie Melodies (gotta love vintage cartoons!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Philadelphian-transplant from Miami
1,134 posts, read 581,618 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Mixed-Use Development Project

More on the W - 50 stories and to become the 5th tallest in Philly

I guess this will be taller than the Bell Atlantic Bldg or whatever it is called today

That would put it between 740 and 790 feet
Where is it again?
Chestnut and 15th?
Which corner?
Are you talking about the parking lot across the street from Wendy's?
For once, I actually like that parking lot. It gives a little bit more sunlight to the area.
LOL I am becoming a NIMBY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Location: The City
19,357 posts, read 16,700,140 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Where is it again?
Chestnut and 15th?
Which corner?
Are you talking about the parking lot across the street from Wendy's?
For once, I actually like that parking lot. It gives a little bit more sunlight to the area.
LOL I am becoming a NIMBY!

Yes the corner lot where the wendys and Del Friscos (on Chestnut) is

Basically the Northeast corner of 15th and Chestnut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
933 posts, read 784,142 times
Reputation: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Yes the corner lot where the wendys and Del Friscos (on Chestnut) is

Basically the Northeast corner of 15th and Chestnut
That is an amazing spot for a new skyscraper.

Just sayin...


I used to park in this parking lot on Sansom every day. I'd love to see it erased along with a couple of those low & mid rises, and replaced with a nice tall skyscraper or highrise complex.

http://goo.gl/maps/gpFXU

Last edited by BTA88; 12-12-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
6,522 posts, read 4,980,300 times
Reputation: 2448
Very excited about the new W Hotel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top