U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 PM

76 posts, read 64,228 times
Default Ok ladies..I need a good hair salon in center city

Looking for a good salon in CC. I live in WSW so any salon in Rittenhouse, WSW, Society Hill etc. would be fine. Relocated from Raleigh so I am used to paying around $150 for cut and color.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM

269 posts, read 210,613 times
Default A vote for Laurentius Salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdugirl View Post
Looking for a good salon in CC. I live in WSW so any salon in Rittenhouse, WSW, Society Hill etc. would be fine. Relocated from Raleigh so I am used to paying around $150 for cut and color.
We're in East Mt Airy and my wife makes the trek to Christian St (not far from you, just a block from the Italian Market) to Laurentius Salon Laurentius Salon

She (and I) are always happy with the results. I never dare ask her how much she pays, and so can't speak to the $150 price point (although I really, really hope it's less than that at Laurentius )

Old 07-19-2011, 03:27 PM

1,853 posts, read 4,593,273 times
I like Richard Nichols (17th and Sansom). As a bonus they are open on Sunday and Monday and give a 20% discount on those days. I go to Maria, but you may want to stop in and see who can best work with your type of hair.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 PM

420 posts, read 565,044 times
Ovations Salon is great for cut & color.

Ovations Salon & Spa

Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 AM

76 posts, read 64,228 times
Thanks for the suggestions! All of the salons look great! To FrankinPhilly...it is probably best if you don't ask, but I'm pretty sure by looking at the salon and bios of the stylists that she is paying at least $150 for cut/color. But, you get what you pay and you said yourself you like what you see, so don't ask, don't tell is my motto '-)

Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM

269 posts, read 210,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdugirl View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! All of the salons look great! To FrankinPhilly...it is probably best if you don't ask, but I'm pretty sure by looking at the salon and bios of the stylists that she is paying at least $150 for cut/color. But, you get what you pay and you said yourself you like what you see, so don't ask, don't tell is my motto '-)
My wife collects miniatures. Every time she goes to one of the miniatures shows, I tell her "have fun, and remember your $50 spending limit." When she came back from the last show she had an amazing amount of stuff bought for $50 as well as a great story: she told one of the vendors about the "$50 limit" and the vendor, of course, had a good laugh. The she told my wife about a woman who has been collecting for at least 30 years. She'd come back from a show, show her husband all the items she bought, and when he asked how much something cost, she'd invariably say $5. One year, he accompanied her to a show and saw all the $100+ price tags for items similar to what she'd been buying for years. His comment ... "well, honey, after seeing these prices it sure looks like you got in on the ground floor!"

Don't ask, don't tell, indeed!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 AM

210 posts, read 297,926 times
I second Ovations.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,923 times
Francis Salon at 21st and Chestnut

Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,858,473 times
What ever happened to keeping your natural hair colour?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:23 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,446,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
What ever happened to keeping your natural hair colour?
what do you care what other people do with their hair???

my gf goes to hair salon that is the curtis building right above washington square. it's called salon tala or something like that... she likes it.

i don't know much about hair salons... her hair looks good though

she gets her hair colored too, not sure about the price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia