Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times

Advertisements

Use caustion when wearing hockey Jerseys of your home town when in South Philly. Animals.

Red Light » Posts Not all in Philly was brotherly love «

Last edited by dorado0359; 01-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,565,963 times
You ought to be safe walking any street no matter what you're wearing. It's just plain stupid.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
Great. Just great. Give these "bros" the chair. Morons. They do realize they're not actually on the team right? I can't wait to hear about this forever now. Sigh.

Last edited by phillies2011; 01-05-2012 at 02:52 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
Your condemnation of South Philly may be premature. In the past when this sort of thing happens from time to time the perpetrators have always been from suburbia, usually New Jersey. If they were locals what were they doing at a tourist trap like Geno’s Steaks?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times

Pathetic Flyers Fans Gang Up Ranger fans - YouTube

Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Your condemnation of South Philly may be premature. In the past when this sort of thing happens from time to time the perpetrators have always been from suburbia, usually New Jersey. If they were locals what were they doing at a tourist trap like Geno’s Steaks?
There have been a bunch of violent incidents around the Old City clubs over the past few years and those involved are often from New Jersey or the suburbs. The neanderthal who got shot in self defense by the asian law student? That genius was from Villanova. Let's not even get started with the 2008 World Series...

The main point is that South Philly is a stable, safe neighborhood because the people who live there make it so. However, when you fill that neighborhood full of drunk sports fans, things change. It's really a shame, because it's a very nice area, and South Philadelphia doesn't need a bad rap.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Totally agree. Didn't realize the tone of thee op when I first posted. Kind of annoying me now. Who ever those Morons were they were about as local to Philly as the guys wearing the rangers Jersey. A whole entire part of the city should not be disparaged because they morons happened to be located there when they committed. Their drunken acts of stupidity.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM

958 posts, read 1,196,859 times
First of all, I definitely agree that the people who act the most uncivilized and like they're bigger than they are and do overall punk things are from outside of the city, and in fact are more often than not from the nice suburbs and not the working class ones.

Secondly, how do we know the Rangers fans didn't provoke anything? Everybody loves to condemn Philly fans yet they love to provoke us constantly, like the pathetic people at the Chicago Sun Times in 2010 or the dbag from the New York Post/Daily News (forget which one) who went around trying to intimidate Philly fans at a PHILLIES game. Because we all know that the rowdiest, most intimidating fans go to the Phillies games

Third, at least we don't shoot people at games like cities in other states do.. for example.. California.

You know what's really pathetic though? When cities whose entire identities and sense of self-worth is based on "being better" than other cities constantly try to bash Philadelphia and its people for isolated things while they prove on a daily basis just how arrogant, delusional, narcissistic, and full of dbags they are.

You can continue to point the finger at other cities or do these little things all you like. I'm not now nor will I ever be impressed with your cities and I will never bow down to you. I'd rather live in the Delaware Valley than anywhere else in the world, because while other places might be great to visit, you won't find people anywhere else like you find around here.

Last edited by couldntthinkofaclevername; 01-05-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
I like how everyone assumes that the people doing the beating were not from the city.. lol.. It does not matter. It happened IN the city... This kinda crap happens in the city 99.9% of the time.. Would never happened in my town.. ever.. Cops would never stand for it..

update. Edward Neary, one of the ones who did the beating IS from Philly..

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: nice try :)

Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM

958 posts, read 1,196,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I like how everyone ASSumes that the people doing the beating were not from the city.. lol.. It does not matter. It happened IN the city... This kinda crap happens in the city 99.9% of the time.. Would never happened in my town.. ever.. Cops would never stand for it..

update. Edward Neary, one of the ones who did the beating IS from Philly..
From the city how? Did he grow up there? Do you know this for a fact?

If so, and if he indeed jumped some fans and they did absolutely nothing to provoke it then yes he is a disgrace to the city and its fans.

And all of that is a very big if.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia