U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 PM

958 posts, read 232,296 times
She? excuse me?

Oh, and that really wasn't clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 PM

42,465 posts, read 47,596,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Will some parents just give up and send their kids to public schools?
I doubt it since PA state law mandates that public schools provide bussing to private schools within 10 miles of the public school border if the public school provides busses to public school students. In other words, the Diocese changing buildings shouldn't be a logistical problem for most people who prefer a Catholic education for their chidlren

Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Guess she couldntthinkofaclevername for a thread title too!

Nobody responded to it in a while because the title doesn't make any sense.

This thread title caught my attention and I don't even live in Phili.

48 Catholic Schools closing is an attention getter!
You know what's hilarious? You're not ... one of us so I don't care if my thread got your attention or not.

And it's PHILLY. Get it right. There isn't even an I in there! It's PhilAdelphia.. where is this I that people are using coming from?

Nobody responded in awhile because it was started hours ago and people stopped talking about it for a bit.

His thread didn't exist at the same time as mine so once again.. you make no sense.

Last edited by Tone509; 01-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: self-edited profanity

Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I doubt it since PA state law mandates that public schools provide bussing to private schools within 10 miles of the public school border if the public school provides busses to public school students. In other words, the Diocese changing buildings shouldn't be a logistical problem for most people who prefer a Catholic education for their chidlren
See, that's why you shouldn't post on this topic. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Different schools cost different prices, first of all. Secondly, some kids won't want to travel that far. Do you have any idea how hard it is to take public transportation (like the majority of kids at Bonner/Prendie did) from Sharon Hill to Springfield? You have to transfer trolleys. What about the parents who drive their kids? The majority of the kids in that school came from Drexel Hill and Lansdowne so they could either walk or had their parents drive them if they didn't take the bus or trolley. Can't do that any more.

Yes, the Archdiocese will lose more students. There are plenty of kids who went to certain high schools because their parents did.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 PM

42,465 posts, read 47,596,826 times
I know state education law and I worked for the Diocese so I also know more about the Diocese than the average person.

The Diocese is large and spans much farther than the areas you mentioned.

PA law regarding buses is relevant information for the parents who live in public school districts that provide bus transportation. Sadly, many Pennsylvanians aren't aware of their rights. Maybe some parents who have been driving their children will be thrilled to learn that buses are available. Maybe not. The information I provide may help someone. That's the purpose of this website. And anyone can post to any topic in any forum here.

btw, I'm not easily intimidated. But you're welcome to keep puffing yourself up for your own entertainment.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Lol.. puffing myself up? For real? You don't know "puffing yourself up" if you think I'm even remotely doing that. You insulted ME first, don't forget that. You can't even spell "PhillY" and yet you're trying to talk to me like you know better than me about a system I grew up in for 12 years of my life.

Thanks for informing me of things I've known since I was in gradeschool.

You're showing a clear ignorance of how things actually work for kids who go to those schools.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,523,676 times
Just for fun I was checking St Hilary's in Rydal where I used to live and the tuition for one child who lives in the parish (Abington School District) is over $3,000. per year. Why would anyone pay that? Pretty shocking IMO

Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,628,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
As for public school.. well plenty of kids who went to Bonner were from places like Southwest Philly, Sharon Hill, Folcroft, even places like Chester. That school was a way to a better life for a lot of kids.
Bonner was like a terrible person factory. I never met anyone who went there that wasn't awful.

Quote:
You know what's hilarious? You're not f'ing one of us so I don't care if my thread got your attention or not.

And it's PHILLY. Get it right. There isn't even an I in there! It's PhilAdelphia.. where is this I that people are using coming from?

Nobody responded in awhile because it was started hours ago and people stopped talking about it for a bit.

His thread didn't exist at the same time as mine so once again.. you make no sense.
wow. no one responded because the title of the thread was awful.

I'm just throwing this out there, but are you perhaps playing a character? Is this some advanced form of satir?. You seem to have every single trait of a stereotypical delconian. when you type I can almost smell the natty ice on your breath.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 AM

2,340 posts, read 2,193,182 times
Quote:
My thread was started hours ago and hasn't been responded to in awhile. Your question makes no sense.

LibraGirl replies: Have you ever heard of a rhetorical question?

Oh, and there's this neat little feature that I use every time I look at a thread, where you leave the mouse there and you get a preview of the words in it. That should make it quite clear what the thread is about.
Sure, I use that feature, and you say you use that feature, but I'll bet there are a good number of people here on City-Data that don't even know it exists.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 AM

2,340 posts, read 2,193,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
Bonner was like a terrible person factory. I never met anyone who went there that wasn't awful.
Hey! My husband graduated from Bonner...and he was far from a terrible person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia