Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post

But everything is all one conspiracy right?

You sound like someone who just generally fears everything. Instead of walking through Center City enjoying shops, architecture, historical sites, restaurants, bars, etc... you are walking around making sure you don't get robbed.

Sounds like a good way to live. Fear everything hoping you are not one of the 0.002% of people to be murdered in the city.

If you "know the city so well," than you would know that most of the crime happens in North Philadelphia... and if you look at crime rates for specific areas, Center City really isn't that bad especially when looking at per capita numbers and not raw numbers.
Look at all the numbers on paper you like,there's always a first time for everything. You sound like the 'unsuspecting' types I see on the news reports that never thought it would happen to them As any street smart person in a city knows,if you walk around looking up at buildings that makes you a nice target for the criminals who look at you as a clueless tourist That's from the books of the police,but if you still have your issues with 'conspiracy' people then you can look at it that way as you wish.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Things must've really slowed,because not too long ago there was a bunch of them around campus alone...
I know for a *Fact* that crime on Temple/Drexel/UPenn is understated.. Thats a fact... Don't want to scare off potential students. Cold hard facts cause I have been involved with this for over 20 years..

Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
So, you were bragging about the length of time you have had to experience the city... but now that you know I have been in the area longer, suddenly the length of time doesn't matter?
And I have been in the city way longer then you.. So that makes me more knowledgeable then you . according to you. Right?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
And I have been in the city way longer then you.. So that makes me more knowledgeable then you . according to you. Right?
Not necessarily. I was never arguing knowledge based on how long I've been in the area. Truth11 was. I made that remark because he changed his argument once he found out I have been in the area longer than him.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Look at all the numbers on paper you like,there's always a first time for everything. You sound like the 'unsuspecting' types I see on the news reports that never thought it would happen to them As any street smart person in a city knows,if you walk around looking up at buildings that makes you a nice target for the criminals who look at you as a clueless tourist That's from the books of the police,but if you still have your issues with 'conspiracy' people then you can look at it that way as you wish.
Oh so now you're saying I'm going to be murdered... that's real nice.

I walk around and take pics of buildings all the time. What does that have to do with anything? Lol.

I think that statement is more along the lines of don't walk and look up at buildings with a purse over your shoulder or your phone in your hand because it would be easy for someone to walk buy and snatch it from you because you are looking up at the building....

The statement is not "don't look up at buildings because then they will think you are a tourist and murder you."

Most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I know for a *Fact* that crime on Temple/Drexel/UPenn is understated.. Thats a fact... Don't want to scare off potential students. Cold hard facts cause I have been involved with this for over 20 years..
That is actually true.... but they undercut the numbers of robberies, rapes, assaults, etc.

They don't however undercut the numbers of murders or someone dying. You just can't do that. You can't hide someones death. Plus, murders HAVE to be reported to the FBI.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. I was never arguing knowledge based on how long I've been in the area. Truth11 was. I made that remark because he changed his argument once he found out I have been in the area longer than him.
Ha now you're changing your argument I didn't change it,I simply stated that time doesn't necessarily matter- experience does.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Oh so now you're saying I'm going to be murdered... that's real nice.

I walk around and take pics of buildings all the time. What does that have to do with anything? Lol.

I think that statement is more along the lines of don't walk and look up at buildings with a purse over your shoulder or your phone in your hand because it would be easy for someone to walk buy and snatch it from you because you are looking up at the building....

The statement is not "don't look up at buildings because then they will think you are a tourist and murder you."

Most absurd thing I've ever heard.
Yeah you definitely sound like a local...missing the point
It sounds like you've not been outside the area much because the things I say are what people from NYC say also

Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah you definitely sound like a local...missing the point
It sounds like you've not been outside the area much because the things I say are what people from NYC say also
I've been out of the area plenty. Not going to argue this with you on this topic. I've seen enough to know that I love where I live. If you don't, then move... it's simple as that.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
That is actually true.... but they undercut the numbers of robberies, rapes, assaults, etc.

They don't however undercut the numbers of murders or someone dying. You just can't do that. You can't hide someones death. Plus, murders HAVE to be reported to the FBI.
The point is that the Philly Universities do in fact hide the crime reported... How they do it is that the actual boundaries are very blurred where the Universities end and the general population starts.. ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia