Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:57 PM

172 posts, read 389,320 times

Advertisements

When did the Eckerd drugstore at Pilgrim Gardens close? I just know it's a Tuesday Morning now. Did they have a big closing sale? Do you miss the store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
No idea what eckerd you are talking about but the entire corporation went out of business. Cvs bought about half their stores in 2004 and then rite aid took over the rest.of the company in 2007. Whatever eckerd you are talking about it's been closed for at least like five years now.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 PM

I know... this one closed no later than 2005, even though their other stores in our area were bought by Rite Aid in late 2006, and they changed the name in 2007. Personally I wish this store had stayed open and become Rite Aid, so they could replace the Burmont Rite Aid for free. That place is a dump.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicoz View Post
I know... this one closed no later than 2005, even though their other stores in our area were bought by Rite Aid in late 2006, and they changed the name in 2007. Personally I wish this store had stayed open and become Rite Aid, so they could replace the Burmont Rite Aid for free. That place is a dump.
All riteaids are dumps. What's up with all the weird questions? You writing a book or something?

Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
I don't recall the Eckert, I do recall the Rite Aid on Burmont was a dump

Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
All riteaids are dumps. What's up with all the weird questions? You writing a book or something?
No offense but what makes questions about stores "weird"?

Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
No offense but what makes questions about stores "weird"?
They are not that weird in and of themselves. But the sheer volume of them and some of the specifics they get into, taken as a whole are pretty weird.

This thread in particular seems really bizarre.

Quote:
1. When was the Kmart by the Lansdowne border built?

2. Did the "Clifton Gas & Wash" gas station behind Kmart ever used to be a Mobil? Kind of looks like it to me but I can't tell. I know it was Coastal before. If so, when was Mobil built, and when did Coastal take it over?

3. When was the old Wine & Spirits (where HobbyTown USA is now) built? Was it built around the time the Bazaar closed?

4. Were you surprised when it moved from that spot to next to Block Jewelers in Springfield?

5. Does the Burger King in town still have a smoking section?

6. Does the Pizza Hut in town have beer on their menu?

7. When did the Penn Fruit (now Burlington) close? I know most of the Penn Fruit chain closed in 1979, but a few of their stores closed in 1976. Which round was this one?
I mean honestly why do you care if people were surprised by the move of a liquor store? Why do you care if a burger king still has a smoking section?

You really don't think your questions are odd?

Also I know that my post may have come of as though I was using the tough guy response "why do you care? you writing a book or something?" But I was actually legitimately asking; why are you asking so many weird questions? Are you writing a book or something?

Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
They are not that weird in and of themselves. But the sheer volume of them and some of the specifics they get into, taken as a whole are pretty weird.

This thread in particular seems really bizarre.

I mean honestly why do you care if people were surprised by the move of a liquor store? Why do you care if a burger king still has a smoking section?

You really don't think your questions are odd?

Also I know that my post may have come of as though I was using the tough guy response "why do you care? you writing a book or something?" But I was actually legitimately asking; why are you asking so many weird questions? Are you writing a book or something?
Why do you care enoough to stick your nose into and start a fight?
You could just ignore the thread and get on with your life

Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM

I am a "businessman"... long story.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Why do you care enoough to stick your nose into and start a fight?
You could just ignore the thread and get on with your life
Your words seem far more combatitive than anything ive written. My first response was an honest attempt to answer his question. Then seeing his many odd questions I simply asked what the purpose of all the questions were. I even further clarified that I was mot being combative and was genuinely curious. Not exactly sure what your issue is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia