Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 24,161 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are gratefully expecting another baby after losing our son during pre-term delivery last year. We're crossing our fingers that this year will work out and are simply moving forward with planning all things baby!

That said, can anyone give suggestions on daycare facilities in the Fairmount/Art Museum and/or S. Philly areas? I'm hoping to not have to send our daughter to daycare until she is 6 mos old, but it may have to be sooner. We're due in July.

I've already started researching centers and the prices are freaking me out! I suspect it's typical to pay $1200-1500+ per month in a big city for a "good place," but it's also coming as a shock too. Obviously, like everyone, we want to make sure our baby is in the best, safest place possible, outside of our arms.

Thoughts on nanny shares and/or multi-cultural locations at childcare centers is appreciated too. We'd also love for her to be in a multi-cultural environment and ideally hearing other languages daily.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,639,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by at-a-crossroads-again View Post
My husband and I are gratefully expecting another baby after losing our son during pre-term delivery last year. We're crossing our fingers that this year will work out and are simply moving forward with planning all things baby!

That said, can anyone give suggestions on daycare facilities in the Fairmount/Art Museum and/or S. Philly areas? I'm hoping to not have to send our daughter to daycare until she is 6 mos old, but it may have to be sooner. We're due in July.

I've already started researching centers and the prices are freaking me out! I suspect it's typical to pay $1200-1500+ per month in a big city for a "good place," but it's also coming as a shock too. Obviously, like everyone, we want to make sure our baby is in the best, safest place possible, outside of our arms.

Thoughts on nanny shares and/or multi-cultural locations at childcare centers is appreciated too. We'd also love for her to be in a multi-cultural environment and ideally hearing other languages daily.

Thanks in advance!

These are supposed to be the best in the city..

Busy Bees Childcare Center - Philadelphia, PA (http://www.busybeeschildcare.com/ - broken link)

Chesterbrook Academy Preschool, Philadelphia PA

Little Angels Learning Center

Hope this helped

Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 AM

98 posts, read 215,151 times
Children's Village is top notch. They are a little further away in Chinatown.
Children's Village | Sharing Wonder Every Day

You can also search for daycare providers via DPW's website. This will give you all sorts of information about the program's Keystone STARS (quality) rating and any health/safety info/violations:
https://www.humanservices.state.pa.u...pgm/PSWEL.aspx

Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 AM

8 posts, read 24,161 times
Thank you both. Very useful information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia