Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM

60 posts, read 115,710 times

Advertisements

Hello...

Possibly driving from Newtown to Lawrenceville, NJ. (Lawrenceville is right before Trenton). QuakerBridge Mall would be the landmark to get to.

MapQuest says 23 minutes, pretty much 95-N.

Is that accurate? In the morning and evening during drive times, would I be going against traffic, so it truly would be 23 minutes? Or is that the wrong direction to go in and clogged up traffic wise and if so, any guesses as to how long a drive?

Secondary question....how familiar are people in Bucks and other surrounding areas with Lawrenceville, Route 1, QuakerBridge Mall? Is it a pretty recognizable destination?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM

149 posts, read 323,912 times
If you're driving from Newtown, 25-30min should be accurate. I've gotten from my home in Richboro (the next town west) to Rider University (on 206) in under 20 minutes (granted, I was speeding).

You would be going with traffic unfortunately and you will experience backups at the Scudder Falls bridge on both sides. If you leave early enough in the morning, it will only be a few minute delay Northbound. However, the backup Southbound @ the Scudder Falls can get nasty sometimes, so be prepared. But for the most part its just heavy volume that moves (albeit slowly) and clears up after the bridge.

As far as people in bucks, they probably have heard of the Quakerbridge Mall. Could most of them get there without a gps? Probably not. But its an easy enough landmark and its on a major road so people would at least be familiar with the area.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,681,548 times
People in Bucks County don't go to malls in NJ... they usually go to the Oxford Valley Mall, Willow Grove Mall and King of Prussia mall in PA. With that being said, most people know where is or have heard of it but probably couldn't get there without directions or a GPS.

20-30 mins sounds about right to me from Newtown

Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 PM

692 posts, read 2,349,982 times
People in Yardley will know Lawrenceville well, yes. People in Langhorne or Newtown? It's probably not as big of a destination for them. I live in Yardley right by the bridge, so we go to Lawrenceville often for stores that are not in Oxford Valley. However, Oxford Valley is still our primary mall.

As for traffic - I think 25 min is accurate, unless you are leaving in the middle of rush hour, which in that case you will get backed up getting on in Newtown until an exit past the bridge. You could take some backroads though to avoid a chunk of that traffic and get on 95 at the bridge instead.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 PM

60 posts, read 115,710 times
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Of course, I'll just have to try driving it myself a few times to really see the timing.

Normally, I'd be leaving Newtown at 8:00am to go to Lawrenceville.

Think it's 'backed up' at that time, or am I safe thinking I'll be in Lawrenceville in 30 mins or less?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia