U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM

5,870 posts, read 3,927,108 times
Hey Arjo...

here is a good map for you to use. Avoid the red and orange areas. Yellow and green areas are good, safe areas. It will help you decide where to live if you're looking at South Philly. South of Snyder for the most part is an AWESOME area.

P.S. this map is two years old.

Philadelphia County Safety Map - Google Maps
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,253,436 times
The area of Delaware County between McDade Bl and I-95 north of Chester and south of Darby, places like Prospect Park, Norwood or Ridley Park are affordable and loaded with apartment choices and while they aren't fancy, neither are they crappy or sketchy IMO.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM

278 posts, read 226,776 times
Collingswood, NJ or Haddon Township, NJ hands down. You can find a place in Collingswood for around $1000/month. I wouldn't move to the city and park my new car on the street; it will get destroyed. You'll want secured/private parking, which may blow up your budget in any fun part of the city. Some places in Manayunk, Roxborough, and random South Philly blocks have attached garages, but you're looking at renting a whole house, which will be hard to do in a safe place for $1000/month. You can look into getting into an apartment complex with parking as well (Manayunk Gardens comes to mind). But parking goes for a premium in the city anywhere, so expect to pay more than $1000 for any such apartment.

I think Collingswood and Haddon Township are going to be the best mix of reliable parking and incredibly quick/easy access to Center City 24/7 via PATCO. Head over to the NJ Suburbs of Philadelphia forum for starters. There are lots of unique rentals (storefront apartments, houses converted into apartments, etc.) in town as well as compelxes with easy parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia