U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM

101 posts, read 87,427 times

Advertisements

What are some of opinions about Hatboro-Horsham School District? Everyone on here seems to love Abington & Upper Dublin when talking about E. Montco school districts, but H-H never seems to get any love. From what I've seen, it looks a like a great school district that's one of the best in the Bux-Mont area: great community, great teachers, very good performance. All of that should add up to being one of the better districts in the area, up there with the Upper Dublin's, Central Bucks' and Council Rock's. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 AM

904 posts, read 916,754 times
it's a very good school district. won't see it "ranked" as high as upper dublin, but right up there with the other very good east Montco districts like wissahickon, north penn, abington, etc. then again, there really isn't a district in east Montco that ISN'T good. people on here tend to talk about where THEY live, so the fact that you don't see it mentioned often just tells you that nobody on this board lives there. the only thing i don't like about Horsham is the reliance on Rt 611, which is a terrible road, if you're in the eastern part of the township. if you're in the northwestern part, then Rt 309 is your main artery, which is a positive.

If you want to live in a newer-growth suburban area, i think Horsham twp has a pretty good balance of location, accessability, atmosphere, price point, and schools. Also, there are a lot of commercial properties in the southern part of the township so property taxes should be reasonable.

Last edited by Angus215; 05-16-2012 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM

101 posts, read 87,427 times
Thanks Angus! I guess there just aren't a lot of people from H-H on this forum. Just wanted to double check to see if I wasn't missing some secret about the district, like all the teachers are drug dealers or something like that .

My fiance and I are actually very close to purchasing a house in Horsham and from everything we've looked at, we couldn't be happier with a (potential) location for our new home (good schools, safe neighborhoods, parks/playgrounds & our commutes tend to avoid the traffic for the most part). Good mix of everything, except a quaint, walkable, historic downtown- but there's still hope for that haha.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM

41 posts, read 37,114 times
For the record Upper Dublin (I went there) is very overrated educationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia