Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,375 times

Advertisements

After waiting 13 weeks and making many phone calls, I finally got a decision from Unemployment Compensation--DENIED. I am clearly going to follow the appeal process, but I need some advice. I submitted a resignation on 6/4/12 that I immediately rescinded after speaking with my supervisor. Subsequently, I was called to HR on 6/10/12, where I was told my resignation was REJECTED and I was then terminated. I am one of MANY senior staffers let go. I immediately filed for UC and have encountered many obstacles (first being that the employer did not report ANY WAGES for ANY employee since 2009), my case was then assigned to the Philly UC office which closed for good last week--it then went to Lancaster office. I was honest about the initial resignation (though verbally rescinded AND rejected) and was denied benefits based on it. WHAT CAN I DO? I am the sole provider for two beautiful boys and have never been unemployed before. Its heartbreaking to see my kids hungry (literally) and need to know the best and most expeditious way to approach this. Any advice is most appreciated. It should be noted that the employer never responded to UC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,760,780 times
The important thing is not to give up. These agencies throw up road blocks in the hope that you will get discouraged and go away. Apply for food stamps, medicade and cash assistance right away. You can do it on line via Google. I think the website for PA is called compass. You will need to drain your bank account 1st, but not too dramatically because they will want to see a bank statement. KEEP APPEALING YOUR CASE.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 PM

Thank you. I am very familiar with the public assistance regs--the vast majority of the 7000 clients I had via my former employer received these benefits --I always stated that at any given moment we (my staff at the time) could sit on the other side of the desk--never thought it would actually happen .. I am appealing, I just dont know why its considered a voluntary quit when I was clearly let go. My bank account is DRAINED--keeping up with a 2200/month rent and two kids under the age of 11 will drain all funds quickly. I am so appreciative you took the time to respond . Many well wishes!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:57 PM

364 posts, read 730,621 times
Holy crap where do you rent that is $2200/mo? And a sincere good luck!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 PM

ha--i know right!!! I insist on a good environment/schools for my kids--even if I go broke doing it! Thanks for the thought to add insult to injury, former employer refusing to release MY pension (even what I put in) smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia