Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM

9,327 posts, read 12,999,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I shook hands with the great Frank Rizzo in the 70's, had season tickets to the Eagles in the 700 level--left in early 2000's.
Go back regularly. In great philly tradition, you wont agree, thats fine.

Philly is not what it used to be.
My grandfather was very close with the great Frank Rizzo, among others, so you don't need to tell me that Philly's white ethnic neighborhoods will never be the same. As far as upscale and/or hip parts of the city go, we've never been better. There's definitely a harsher dichotomy than there once was, but I'd rather have more amazing and terrible than a whole bunch of "eh."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Philly does not predominantly resemble Newark, much less Camden.

And I just played golf in Willingboro. There were bars on half the windows of the homes surrounding the course. It's not in good shape.

Here is Willingboro's crime data... Absorb it.. And for others.. here is the info.. 6 violent crimes last year.. Total crime rate per 1000 residents- 2.64
The WHOLE Philadelphia(North Philly is many times more dangerous) is crime per 1000 - 50.03

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Philly

Last edited by Yac; 11-21-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I shook hands with the great Frank Rizzo in the 70's, had season tickets to the Eagles in the 700 level--left in early 2000's.
Go back regularly. In great philly tradition, you wont agree, thats fine.

Philly is not what it used to be.
AMEN. And heaven is too young unfortunately to know this.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM

9,327 posts, read 12,999,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Here is Willingboro's crime data... Absorb it.. And for others.. here is the info.. 6 violent crimes last year.. Total crime rate per 1000 residents- 2.64
The WHOLE Philadelphia(North Philly is many times more dangerous) is crime per 1000 - 50.03

Philly
Learn the difference between present realities, future expectations, and the trends that link the two.

Last edited by Yac; 11-21-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Learn the difference between present realities, future expectations, and the trends that link the two.

enlighten me.. please..

Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,526 times
Quote:

What is your age?

How many major metropolitan areas have you lived -- as in furniture-apartment-job-- in?

For me in PA alone, Pittsburgh 8 years, Philly, Lancaster and surrounding areas for 30. Worked at Broadway and 15th, played music in many locations from original JC Dobs to STARZ (remember them?)

Philly is losing cache in comparison to other urban cites. Period. The 'good' sections are shrinking.
Before you pull the "white" stuff out of the trashbag, you might what to learn a little about who you are responding to, tu sabes?
Even as someone who has a history there, you cant even compare it to Baltimore anymore, in my opinion.
Nutter is a step above the usual Goode/ Street fodder, but the damage is done.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,650,788 times
Quote:
Worked at Broadway and 15th
Where was that?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Where was that?
Ha Ha . . 15th - 17th and Market. XEROX.

I guess this makes my posts non-applicable

Ive lived in 5 states since PA, hard to keep them in order

Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
What is your age?

How many major metropolitan areas have you lived -- as in furniture-apartment-job-- in?

For me in PA alone, Pittsburgh 8 years, Philly, Lancaster and surrounding areas for 30. Worked at Broadway and 15th, played music in many locations from original JC Dobs to STARZ (remember them?)

Philly is losing cache in comparison to other urban cites. Period. The 'good' sections are shrinking.
Before you pull the "white" stuff out of the trashbag, you might what to learn a little about who you are responding to, tu sabes?
Even as someone who has a history there, you cant even compare it to Baltimore anymore, in my opinion.
Nutter is a step above the usual Goode/ Street fodder, but the damage is done.
???? this is actually not correct, though they are shuffling and more good ones than 10 years ago

and 15th - 17th on market - must have been a large office

Are you sure you didnt mean 14th and Broad?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
???? this is actually not correct, though they are shuffling and more good ones than 10 years ago

and 15th - 17th on market - must have been a large office

Are you sure you didnt mean 14th and Broad?

I will take your word for it. I go back regularly but spend a little time in the city, more in the Bryn Mawr area.

The xerox location I worked at was a HUGE massive building that housed a few different business's.
I cant remember the exact location on MArket because I got shipped to Delaware MBNA bank shortly thereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia