Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,881 times

Advertisements

One thing to notice on this is that Allen Edmonds utilizes the abandon space which was between CLEAR and DI Bruno Bros.
So kudos to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Cnote:
Jack Wills is British. It is on Walnut.
You can get TopMan / TopShop in Nordstrom now @ KOP.

I understand the dilemma.
I sometimes go to Manhattan to get stuff of certain brands or try to get whatever I can (clothing and furnitures) whenever I go home to Miami.
I wish they had KidRobot and Kartell in Philadelphia. SIGH!
I've never been a fan of Jack Wills! I've yet to make it out to KOP and I don't know how often I'd get out there, but I do own a few Top Man pieces that I quite like. I do feel they are a bit hit and miss in some categories, but I do like many of their blazers. I'd have to go check it out and see the strength of the selection. What I would REALLY like is an All Saints Spitalfields. Also, an ASOS when I'm in need of a cheap buy.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
I've never been a fan of Jack Wills! I've yet to make it out to KOP and I don't know how often I'd get out there, but I do own a few Top Man pieces that I quite like. I do feel they are a bit hit and miss in some categories, but I do like many of their blazers. I'd have to go check it out and see the strength of the selection. What I would REALLY like is an All Saints Spitalfields. Also, an ASOS when I'm in need of a cheap buy.
Jack Wills is kinda hit and miss as well. I agree with you. Same with TopMan.
And one thing that I noticed about Jack Wills is that once it goes to sale, it goes all the way down. I am quite lucky to actually pass thru the area on the way to work / home, so I know whenever they have a sale.
I got a $110 sweater marked down to $19. This kinda made me think how much profits they make per items!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM

I do know what you mean! The aforementioned All Saints has a section on their site for out of season items. I got a 700 dollar coat for 100 dollars. It really is something how they inflate the prices so much. I have a question for you! Since leaving Toronto for Philadelphia, my fiancee has only been able to buy her clothes online from Korean/Japanese/Chinese clothing sites. In Toronto they had a lot of fashion stores for that demographic, including two large malls run by/for that demographic, but we've yet to find one here. I can't even find anything on the internet. It seems odd to me that a city with such a large Korean, Chinese, and even Vietnamese population would completely lack clothing shops. I did see one shop at the H-Mart in North Philadelphia, but it was for older women. Are there any shops aimed at younger women that you know of?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
I do know what you mean! The aforementioned All Saints has a section on their site for out of season items. I got a 700 dollar coat for 100 dollars. It really is something how they inflate the prices so much. I have a question for you! Since leaving Toronto for Philadelphia, my fiancee has only been able to buy her clothes online from Korean/Japanese/Chinese clothing sites. In Toronto they had a lot of fashion stores for that demographic, including two large malls run by/for that demographic, but we've yet to find one here. I can't even find anything on the internet. It seems odd to me that a city with such a large Korean, Chinese, and even Vietnamese population would completely lack clothing shops. I did see one shop at the H-Mart in North Philadelphia, but it was for older women. Are there any shops aimed at younger women that you know of?
Cnote:

Welcome to Philly! I have aunts and uncles who live in Toronto! I love the city!

Anyway, aside of the one in H-Mart Chetelham, I have no clue where else she can get asian clothing and stuff. The current Forever21 is the closest thing in mind that she might like.
KOP has a NEW bi-level Forever 21. Also Franklin Mills has a huge one. Although it is Forever21 with....you know....Forever21 quality.

I will keep my eyes peeled for your fiancee. I am a freelance personal shopper in the weekends. Something that my buddies find it perplexing since I don't fit the "profile". My day job is a car designer. I am not talking about the exterior. I am talking about the Transmission System, Body Control Module and all the fun stuff!

Summersm: Please dont chastise us for talking off-topic. We promise we will behave from now on.

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 02-06-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Not sure if this should be here, but sort of retail related

Nice to see at the Granary

Vetri opening a pizzeria near Barnes

Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM

187 posts, read 350,376 times
It'll be interesting to see how that area around the Barnes and library changes. The Granary looks like a pretty cool building plus the Mormon church is going in a little down Vine. The Whole Foods is going to move down the block so there'll be something totally new there and Family Court is moving so that frees up another nice old building that hopefully will be repurposed. And I guess part of the Vine Street Expressway will be capped, according to the articles about Parkway improvements. That should help out the Parkway a lot.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Kidphilly... always reading my mind! First it was Penn's Landing and now this! I walk past the Granary quite a bit, and last night when I was making a run for some coconut milk ice cream, I asked my fiancee if she thinks they'll put any businesses on the bottom floor/what businesses. Nice to know at least one that is coming there. They need to do something about that lot at 18th and Callowhill.

Also, I just went up to the art museum on Sunday and thought they should get rid of that parking lot and build more cross walks from the oval. Later that night I read a report saying that this would be done! I should start exploring more of the city and say what I wish to be done with it. It seems to have a nice track record so far...!

If that is the case, well... we could use a bit warmer weather. Not much, but just a bit You can thank me later.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Figured I would post this. Shake Shack opening a new location in Drexels new Chestnut Square. Overall positive response from Drexel and Penn students.

A Shake Shack for Drexel

Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Not sure if this should be here, but sort of retail related

Nice to see at the Granary

Vetri opening a pizzeria near Barnes
Yes.
Pizzeria is a retail.

I am glad something opened there by the Barnes!

Now if they can make the Sister Park livelier by adding one more cafe or two...
(Nothing wrong with what it is as for now. But the more the merrier!)

Hmmm this gives me an idea to create a new thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia