U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 04:14 PM

8,638 posts, read 4,743,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I like this concept on paper, I just hope this doesn't turn into a rowdy destination.

And I agree, its a fashion district with no fashion, lol.
If it stays on the top floor, I'm good. I mostly go to film matinees nowdays so, hopefully, I will miss any rowdiness. It should draw tourists so that will be positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 06:37 AM

1,002 posts, read 575,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Very cool. Dave and Busters may have trouble in their future. I've always wished they were more central.

And it should probably be "Entertainment District".
I wonder if this will give Lucky Strike a run for their money as well.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:15 AM

354 posts, read 326,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
I wonder if this will give Lucky Strike a run for their money as well.
Doubtful. Lucky Strike is firmly a bar first with bowling and some pool - very much an adult atmosphere. Round One sounds like a traditional arcade with some food and drink. They even have a dedicated kids zone.
It doesn't sound like the target customer base is young professionals over 21.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:55 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,849,709 times
Would you say Lucky Strike is like Dave and Busters?

Old 02-08-2019, 01:17 PM

4,165 posts, read 2,018,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
No. Lucky Strike is more of a lounge and bar with bowling, and it doesn't have the big arcade D&B's does.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:10 PM

5,196 posts, read 4,751,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
That Dave and Busters gets also has a big mix in crowds, I saw some rough looking people when I went years ago. Lucky Strike is more of a friend outing to hangout and do something fun (25+ category for the most part). Its also a more expensive outing to rent lanes and shoes and buy food and drink. Anyone can walk into D&B with 10 bucks and play games.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:25 PM

22,135 posts, read 31,392,421 times
wonder if the pier where D&B is would be a redevelopment site; seems it might be tough for two of these types to sustain and D&B is a little more isolated

I think I wrote 3 years ago that D&B should have relocated to the gallery top floors; ha maybe someone read it or just maybe there are other smart people in the world...

personally I would like to see a new sixers arena built on top of the gallery (will check back in 3-4 years)

Old 02-08-2019, 03:42 PM

32 posts, read 11,498 times
I believe the pier was bought not too long ago with the possibility of development sometime in the future

Philly.com article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phi...tputType%3Damp

Old 02-09-2019, 04:21 PM

145 posts, read 96,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
That Dave and Busters gets also has a big mix in crowds, I saw some rough looking people when I went years ago. Lucky Strike is more of a friend outing to hangout and do something fun (25+ category for the most part). Its also a more expensive outing to rent lanes and shoes and buy food and drink. Anyone can walk into D&B with 10 bucks and play games.
Yeah, that D&B can definitely attract some rougher types, especially the later in the evening you get. Its auto-centric location right off I-95 means it's easily accessible by out-of-towners. I've never had any issues or necessarily felt unsafe there, but it is definitely a different kind of crowd than you get at Lucky Strike or either South / North Bowl(s).

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

132 posts, read 85,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
If it stays on the top floor, I'm good. I mostly go to film matinees nowdays so, hopefully, I will miss any rowdiness. It should draw tourists so that will be positive.
Is the whole-kids-being-rowdy in movie theaters still really a thing? I'm sure there's the one off knucklehead that happens here and there, but the hoards of raging teenagers that everyone conjures when a new arcade or movie theater opens up seems to speak more to irrational lingering PTSD from the 80s and 90s, and not really at all to what's actually happening these days?

Movies are just too darn expensive for a 15 year old kid, anymore. I just went to a **matinee** in Manhattan and two tickets cost me $40. Drinks and a snack and we were in for over $50. It's even more $$ for a primetime screening - and I assume this new AMC w/ bar, food, leather seats, etc. will be even more pricy per ticket.

Anyways, I go to the University City 6 pretty frequently (as well as the Ritz, but never an issue there) - and have never had, seen, or heard an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or