Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 02:44 PM

234 posts, read 535,327 times

Advertisements

I've been reading a lot of news lately that Bristol, PA is really up and coming. There has been a lot to bring in local business, waterfront condos going up, etc. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 10:47 AM

126 posts, read 201,452 times
I don't really have much info but I have friends that live there and am probably there about once every six months. I have never understood why Bristol boro has such a bad reputation, maybe I am missing something, I know the schools aren't stellar and that it is more of a blue collar town, but I have always found it somewhat charming and a cute small town. It also has a trail that runs the entire length of the town which is nice for runners.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM

4,751 posts, read 3,252,582 times
Don't really know what they have to offer, but remember walking down Mill St a few years ago and many of the store fronts were vacant. Just this past December we attended their holiday parade and most stores were occupied. Also saw the Condo construction going on. They do have the river theater and of course the well known King George Restaurant, which my wife and I enjoyed a very good meal.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:07 AM

7,729 posts, read 5,438,524 times
If looking at population trends and where people are moving, Bristol and a lot of the original inner ring suburbs are set to do better than the exburb's that were built mainly in the 80s and 90s. Even on the other side of the river in NJ, the same thing is happening. So I am hopeful.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:38 PM

9,331 posts, read 9,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwildcats70 View Post
I've been reading a lot of news lately that Bristol, PA is really up and coming. There has been a lot to bring in local business, waterfront condos going up, etc. What are your thoughts?

The greater Bristol area is decent, it becomes more upper middle class once you go north/ west. But Bristol itself I think is one the few areas in our region that will go downhill, especially as the city continues to improve. The have to move somewhere, and I think there is a lot section 8 eligible apartments around Bristol which certainly doesn't help the area.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:28 PM

966 posts, read 1,120,153 times
Mill St and the waterfront looks a lot nicer now than it did even when I moved to the area 2 years ago. So I would say the waterfront area is definitely improving, though it gets rundown between that and 13. Though I was there last weekend with my girlfriend just walking around and it seems like they have all this construction going on now, a bunch of platforms and stuff anchored just off shore and a few small things roped off. Anyone know what's going on?

It's also still a rule of thumb to avoid Bristol Twp when considering buying a home in Levittown/Fairless Hills.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:35 PM

966 posts, read 1,120,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
The greater Bristol area is decent, it becomes more upper middle class once you go north/ west. But Bristol itself I think is one the few areas in our region that will go downhill, especially as the city continues to improve. The have to move somewhere, and I think there is a lot section 8 eligible apartments around Bristol which certainly doesn't help the area.
People I know from NE Philly say their neighborhood is going downhill and that the elements are drifting that way. I would imagine as it gets up into the northern suburbs it would probably hit places like Andalusia and Cornwells Heights before Bristol since they come first. Bensalem is also known for having a huge amount of section 8 housing along Street Rd and for that reason it also gets a bad rep though it does have some very nice areas too.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:31 AM

4,751 posts, read 3,252,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
Mill St and the waterfront looks a lot nicer now than it did even when I moved to the area 2 years ago. So I would say the waterfront area is definitely improving, though it gets rundown between that and 13. Though I was there last weekend with my girlfriend just walking around and it seems like they have all this construction going on now, a bunch of platforms and stuff anchored just off shore and a few small things roped off. Anyone know what's going on?

It's also still a rule of thumb to avoid Bristol Twp when considering buying a home in Levittown/Fairless Hills.
It should be noted that Bristol Borough and Bristol Township are separate from each other. Separate government, police dept and schools. I would imagine the schools in the borough are nothing to brag about just like the township.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:27 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,395,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
This is what's going on at the waterfront:

Ahoy, boaters! Bristol adding $3M pier, docks to welcome waterfront visitors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia