Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,510,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladleynet View Post
That's so funny! I grew up in St.Andrews, and got my degrees from Glasgow. I would happily move back to Glasgow any time :P Were you in St.Andrews at the Uni?
My fiancee was going there and I was just visiting for the summer. I did love the town and the Fife Coastal path, Tentsmuir, Isle of May, etc. were just an incredible experience. I don't think anything can beat Scottish weather, either. Being on the sea and walking the beach in St. Andrews was a great daily exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM

630 posts, read 991,794 times
If you get rid of the Gallery on Market St. and the row houses in the downtown core, we'll take it from there.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,110,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
If you get rid of the Gallery on Market St. and the row houses in the downtown core, we'll take it from there.
By rowhouses, are you referring to the houses in neighborhoods like Society Hill, Washington Square West, Rittenhouse Square and Fitler Square? If so, they are IMO some of the most stunning historic architecture in the city and typical of older Northeastern cities.

Your wish for the Gallery to be repurposed may actually be happening in the foreseeable future per a thread discussed here a few months ago.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,108,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Which rowhouses are you talking about? Please be specific.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,586,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a;27916858I guess it's better than the 5 Philadelphians on [I
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia[/i] being portrayed as narcissistic, low-brow psychopaths. I really do like both shows though haha.

I saw some episodes of a show called 'Parking Wars'...Even tho' it shows people getting tickets and complaining about the city, I think it makes Philly look pretty hip when it shows the meter maids out walking around.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM

32 posts, read 33,780 times
So that's all this is about...appearing to be hip? Kinda shallow,but what do I know about cities :-D

Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,586,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frendov View Post
So that's all this is about...appearing to be hip? Kinda shallow,but what do I know about cities :-D

You didn't read the thread title?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM

32 posts, read 33,780 times
Of course I read the title,how else would I have found it;

Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,067,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha, yes it was and that was probably the ”realest” season of the real world. I remember the cast got in a fight at a bar in Old City because they acted as if they should be treated differently than anyone else. I'm sure they learned where they were very quickly.
Is there somewhere online to catch some of that season of "The Real World: Philadelphia"? Sounds like something I'd like to see!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 AM

4,771 posts, read 3,277,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
I just spent 3 weeks in the city, Northeast to be exact and I just LOVED it! I enjoyed the place SO much because SO much has evolved but it's STILL PHILLY.
Up in the Northeast I was able to walk around a bit and shop with my friends at the supermarket and just people watch. I enjoyed the multicultural aspect of the shoppers and the paced that they moved and it made me laugh a bit just seeing how animated they were and how loud they speak. (LOL That's my hometown!!)

I ate at brazilian, mexican, and domincan restaurants, enjoyed the walkability of the city and just loved seeing all the new businesses and homes in revitalized areas around town. Philly's real cool, forget the naysayers..., many of whom haven't been in town in a couple of decades as well as those that live in the city but don't get around much. Even my friend who's lived there for 18 years had NEVER been in West Philly/U-City past 30th St Station or maybe a round about visit to the area around St. Joe's when she worked just off City Ave in Overbrook. She enjoyed herself with my friends & family out there and never once did we feel unsafe.

Also we went to a screening in Manayunk and hung out in a few of the bars/restaurants on Main, visited a long time friend in Roxboro and spent a day with my relatives in Chestnut Hill. Had a blast in each place as they ALL have their own flavor. Oh, I also rented an apartment upstairs from her. lol
Just curious. Was this around the Cottman & Castor area? I have noticed it's a very diverse area with quite a bit of ethnic eateries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia