Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM

2,939 posts, read 4,124,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toemosdapfunk View Post
So this "Drexel Bridge" is the portion of the JFK Boulevard that runs north of the Drexel University building, and the megabus stop should be somewhere here ?
No. The Drexel Bridge is a railroad bridge that crosses Market St and JFK.

JFK, Market, Chestnut run parallel. The bridge crosses all of them.

30th St. Station - which is an enormous neo-classical/art deco building - cuts off JFK. JFK doesn't run between 29th & 30th because the station is where the street would run through.

If you take the subway from 11th to 30th when you exit the subway at 30th St. you will be across the street from the train station - not in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,225,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toemosdapfunk View Post
Thank you all so very much for the replies, they were all extremely helpful and gave me a general idea of what I should be looking for. So this "Drexel Bridge" is the portion of the JFK Boulevard that runs north of the Drexel University building, and the megabus stop should be somewhere here ? (Just going off of what I see on maps here) From the maps it looks like if 31st ran into this area it would be about halfway across this bridge portion of jfk boulevard that has been mentioned, so I will head there and look for anything remotely mentioning megabus in some fashion, either at some point on this bridge (Jfk boulevard) or after walking the length of the bridge. Again just going off the maps here, I'm sure just looking at my surroundings when I'm in the moment will give me the best idea. Thanks again everyone!
If you're at 30th and JFK, you really can't miss megabus. It stops on JFK (which only exists on the 3000 Block) and there will be signs on posts telling people where to stand for which bus, a megabus attendant or two to help people, and other people waiting for buses.

Boltbus travels out of essentially the same place. So you'll see a similar setup for them.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,583 times
Yeah, you'll be okay. Please let us know how it goes. Megabus does have wi-fi after all

Yes, you can get a taxi at the Greygound, but beware! Yesterday the traffic was horrible. I've never seen so many people in Philadelphia and all that beeping! I felt like I was in Chicago. Must be because of the autoshow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia