U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
 
Location: North by Northwest
7,396 posts, read 9,456,152 times
Reputation: 4575

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
PA should count itself lucky to have two such great cities. Both are really underappreciated. I've been very impressed every time I've gone to Pittsburgh.

Philly is a big city that feels smaller than it is, and Pittsburgh is a small city that feels bigger than it is. In both cases I mean those as good things.
That's a great way of putting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
 
792 posts, read 1,060,223 times
Reputation: 495
Here's something both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have in common.

They're despised by rural Pennsylvanians who think both cities are sucking their tax dollars into a bottomless pit. I guess they don't realize the money that helps their district comes from the paychecks of working people in the state's two largest metropolitan areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,565 posts, read 2,456,706 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
Here's something both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have in common.

They're despised by rural Pennsylvanians who think both cities are sucking their tax dollars into a bottomless pit. I guess they don't realize the money that helps their district comes from the paychecks of working people in the state's two largest metropolitan areas.
I was going to say something like this. Rural PA and the big cities need to learn to love one another. It's a huge plus having everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Concrete Jungle
313 posts, read 456,485 times
Reputation: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Then why not move to Erie if COL is all that matters?
Ouch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: a swanky suburb in my fancy pants
3,391 posts, read 7,339,017 times
Reputation: 1573
Pittsburgh? That is some where west of here, isn't it? Honestly for the average Philadelphian, Pittsburgh doesn't exist. It might just as well be in Idaho. Although unlike most Philly folk I was in Pittsburgh once so I can confirm that it actually does exist.
I went to see Andy Warhol's museum. It was a disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
 
Location: North by Northwest
7,396 posts, read 9,456,152 times
Reputation: 4575
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Pittsburgh? That is some where west of here, isn't it? Honestly for the average Philadelphian, Pittsburgh doesn't exist. It might just as well be in Idaho. Although unlike most Philly folk I was in Pittsburgh once so I can confirm that it actually does exist.
I went to see Andy Warhol's museum. It was a disappointment.
I happen to love that museum. When did you go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: NYC
3,246 posts, read 4,562,254 times
Reputation: 2011
Yeah, the Warhol museum is really nice! Honestly I wish that Philly had a modern art museum of that scale/quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,273 posts, read 57,490,958 times
Reputation: 52165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Then why not move to Erie if COL is all that matters?
Inexpensive living and a Great Lake! What more could you ask for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM
 
Location: The City
21,973 posts, read 30,906,597 times
Reputation: 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
It's not that deep Toure.....Just a little cross state ribbing going on no need to pay it any mind. Relaaaaax, save your strength for City vs City.

Ha I found the two lists pretty amusing, seemed pretty playful to me

Now maybe the Flyers and Penguins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM
 
Location: The City
21,973 posts, read 30,906,597 times
Reputation: 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
I was going to say something like this. Rural PA and the big cities need to learn to love one another. It's a huge plus having everything.

Agreed a common good and bond between these two cities.

PA politics are anti city and pro status qou sadly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top