Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,313,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You could always live in the suburbs, and take the train into Center City. If you do move into the city get an LTCF, and carry always. I do NOT go into the city unarmed anymore, ever.

No offense. But you are paranoid. And why would you walk 40 minutes when their is transit? Anywho. To answer your question OP. Your salary will afford you a nice apartment in one of the best downtown's in America. And yes. Philadelphia is SAFE. I have lived in North Philadelphia. And never needed to carry a gun. Do not let this response scare you. It is petty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 06:01 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
No offense. But you are paranoid. And why would you walk 40 minutes when their is transit? Anywho. To answer your question OP. Your salary will afford you a nice apartment in one of the best downtown's in America. And yes. Philadelphia is SAFE. I have lived in North Philadelphia. And never needed to carry a gun. Do not let this response scare you. It is petty.
The vast majority of violent crime in the entire region happens in Philly. Just because nothing has happened to you doesn't mean it can't happen. Look at the stats. You are being naïve.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:18 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
The vast majority of violent crime in the entire region happens in Philly. Just because nothing has happened to you doesn't mean it can't happen. Look at the stats. You are being naïve.
And you are over-reacting.

Cons seem to be afraid of so much around them. Or what they perceive to be around them.

You are fully aware, for example, that thousands die every year in motor vehicle accidents and, I bet, it has never stopped you from driving. It never stopped me from driving when I did drive.

You can literally die, or be injured, at any time from anything. And, they could all be things where the gun you are carrying won't save you.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
And you are over-reacting.

Cons seem to be afraid of so much around them. Or what they perceive to be around them.

You are fully aware, for example, that thousands die every year in motor vehicle accidents and, I bet, it has never stopped you from driving. It never stopped me from driving when I did drive.

You can literally die, or be injured, at any time from anything. And, they could all be things where the gun you are carrying won't save you.
I carry auto insurance, and health insurance, so I am going to carry another kind of insurance in the form of a firearm, and training. I doubt, and hope I never have to use it, but a gang of thugs, playing the knock out game will not have easy prey. It is just being prepared, and being aware. Again, it is a form of insurance.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,488,531 times
Quote:
I carry auto insurance, and health insurance, so I am going to carry another kind of insurance in the form of a firearm, and training. I doubt, and hope I never have to use it, but a gang of thugs, playing the knock out game will not have easy prey. It is just being prepared, and being aware. Again, it is a form of insurance.
Sorry, but you are paranoid. I own a firearm myself (Glock 19), and have never felt the need to carry it in the city. I used to work in Belmont, over in West Philly. It's a pretty sketchy neighborhood, and I used to take the 10 trolley to and from work. As a white guy who obviously didn't belong, I was never victimized, let alone bothered, in a neighborhood as bad as that one.

So please, take your paranoia somewhere else and stop making non-sensical posts like it's actually necessary to be strapped everywhere you go in the city. There is no reality in it.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:39 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,097 times
Some people are indoctrinated with the need to pack heat. It's nonsense, at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Sorry, but you are paranoid. I own a firearm myself (Glock 19), and have never felt the need to carry it in the city. I used to work in Belmont, over in West Philly. It's a pretty sketchy neighborhood, and I used to take the 10 trolley to and from work. As a white guy who obviously didn't belong, I was never victimized, let alone bothered, in a neighborhood as bad as that one.

So please, take your paranoia somewhere else and stop making non-sensical posts like it's actually necessary to be strapped everywhere you go in the city. There is no reality in it.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:13 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,313,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post

ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!

Old 12-16-2017, 07:50 AM

You guys can be a victim. I won't. I go into center city for work, and I am unarmed. I would never go to North or West Philly unarmed. I don't expect to have my house burn down, but I carry homeowner's insurance. This is my OPINION, and yet people tell me to "take it elsewhere".

Last edited by Pilot1; 12-16-2017 at 09:04 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 09:18 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
You guys can be a victim. I won't. I go into center city for work, and I am unarmed. I would never go to North or West Philly unarmed. I don't expect to have my house burn down, but I carry homeowner's insurance. This is my OPINION, and yet people tell me to "take it elsewhere". Guess you're all Hillary voters.
Right....one can always avoid being a victim per your logic.

Come on. I already told you you have zero chance of ever knowing when that "something" may happen that your gun carrying will not stop. I hate using this example... but none of the people who were killed or injured in Las Vegas had any idea, thought or care that they'd either die or end up badly wounded that night.

Obama didn't take anyone's guns away and Hillary Clinton wouldn't have either. It's only reactionaries who thought that.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:41 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
The best neighborhoods to live in the city of Philadelphia with low crime

1. Center City
2. University City
3. Cedar Park
4. Manayunk
5. Chestnut Hill
6. South Philadelphia on Pattison ave near the Sports complex

Worst Neighborhoods to live in the city of Philadelphia with high crime

1. North Philly
2. Kensington
3. Southwest-Kingsessing
4. West Philly past 50th street
5. Frankford
6. Germantown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia