Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times

Advertisements

You May notice that many posts have been deleted. Please keep your comments on topic. Do not respond to off topic or rude comments- report them.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:44 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,906,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
unfortunately here in Baltimore were are at 300 and counting... and Baltimore is like half the size of Philly...Don't get me wrong murder/crime is bad...but we got it much worse.. and the year aint over..
Baltimore’s problem is its completely inept leadership. It’s a shame as, until the Freddy Grey issue, Baltimore was seeing population growth.

At least former mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake is gone yet DA Marilyn Mobley remains in office. Never a good thing when a mayor sets aside a riot zone for thugs to loot and destroy private businesses and subject the general public to life-threatening violence coupled with a DA standing on the court house steps promising police convictions before an investigation of the Freddy Gray incident commenced....-0- subsequent convictions as Mobley dragged Baltimore through several promised police trials.

So yes, at least Philly ain’t Baltimore....at least currently.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:56 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,672,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welldonefries View Post
This is crazy! What are these people doing out here?

https://6abc.com/traffic/3-killed-in...abbed/5003143/
Not everyone sleeps at night.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldonefries View Post
Might help if drug addicts from, oh, Oklahoma would stop coming here to shoot up continuing the drug trade.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:23 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,204,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Might help if drug addicts from, oh, Oklahoma would stop coming here to shoot up continuing the drug trade.
I found that amusing .... Oklahoma drug dealers in Philly. But guess there is a example. But with Big Texas just to its South. Hard to believe a Oklahoma drug dealer chooses Philly to sell.

I would think likely NYC sends its best to Philly. Hate to say ... where the dealers in small city PA come from around me. Yep the Bronx and Philly sends examples .....

But sadly, it's a National issue. Philly is no exception as worst or not. Just major cities have the kingpins with direct links to sources. But the smaller dealers are everywhere today.

;

Old 01-02-2019, 07:51 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,831,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Let's see if we can get any real contenders for City Counsel and Mayor that we can vote for. People come here from Oklahoma because we've created such a beautiful drug paradise. It's like a Disney vacation for them...

Old 01-02-2019, 08:04 AM

9,340 posts, read 9,204,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Let's see if we can get any real contenders for City Counsel and Mayor that we can vote for. People come here from Oklahoma because we've created such a beautiful drug paradise. It's like a Disney vacation for them...
1/3 of last years murders were drug related.
That disturbing story of 4 people shot execution style was an argument over $500 in drug money.... These people have zero remorse for their actions and cannot function in society and do not belong on the streets.

This argument could have happened on Walnut Street with hundreds of innocent shoppers and families around.

Lets hope 2019 is a good political year in Philadelphia.

And I was looking at the murder stat thread on the city board, Philadelphia had a higher per capita rate then Chicago. If it weren't for DC Philadelphia would be the largest city at the top of an embarrassing list. I know its not like murderers are roaming the streets of CC, but that is not a stat that people want to see their city leading, that is up there with poverty.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:28 AM

13,956 posts, read 8,816,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
1/3 of last years murders were drug related.
That disturbing story of 4 people shot execution style was an argument over $500 in drug money.... These people have zero remorse for their actions and cannot function in society and do not belong on the streets.

This argument could have happened on Walnut Street with hundreds of innocent shoppers and families around.

Lets hope 2019 is a good political year in Philadelphia.

And I was looking at the murder stat thread on the city board, Philadelphia had a higher per capita rate then Chicago. If it weren't for DC Philadelphia would be the largest city at the top of an embarrassing list. I know its not like murderers are roaming the streets of CC, but that is not a stat that people want to see their city leading, that is up there with poverty.
(emphasis added)

Yet I don't recall seeing stories about rampant violent crime in the District like those that have come out of Chicago over the course of the last year.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing many stories about rampant violent crime here either, despite our having posted the highest murder tally since 2007.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:25 AM

9,340 posts, read 9,204,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
(emphasis added)

Yet I don't recall seeing stories about rampant violent crime in the District like those that have come out of Chicago over the course of the last year.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing many stories about rampant violent crime here either, despite our having posted the highest murder tally since 2007.
Interesting how that works right? Chicago is showcased as a city where you will get shot if you step outside of your home and DC is a wonderful utopia. Yet DC has a higher crime rate across the board compared to Chicago and more poverty DC has higher crime than Philadelphia too.

I spent the NYE weekend in Chicago and it is by far one of the most beautiful American cities, yet its painted in an unfortunate light by the media. One of the many reasons why I do not like DC and why I would never live there.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I found that amusing .... Oklahoma drug dealers in Philly. But guess there is a example. But with Big Texas just to its South. Hard to believe a Oklahoma drug dealer chooses Philly to sell.

I would think likely NYC sends its best to Philly. Hate to say ... where the dealers in small city PA come from around me. Yep the Bronx and Philly sends examples .....

But sadly, it's a National issue. Philly is no exception as worst or not. Just major cities have the kingpins with direct links to sources. But the smaller dealers are everywhere today.

;

Phila., at least it did, has the biggest heroin "market" in the country wrt heroin and fake heroin( fentanyl) and addicts from all over have come to a certain part of Kensington to buy and use. By "all over" I mean other parts of the country. People from the Philly 'burbs have been going there for years. The opioid epidemic has made it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia