Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 03:26 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itookthesignsdown View Post
I read in a story about White/Schellenger that claimed White was angry about his lot in life and hated his job.

Rittenhouse Square stabbing: How two lives ? and two Philadelphias ? led to a fatal night - Philly

I think we all know that if Schellenger looked like White he would have never gotten involved.
Another lame excuse: 20 years old, hated his job...not sure what he was expecting for his ''lot in life'' at 20...but otherwise, this used to simply be called being 20 years old.

White was dreaming of being a rapper? I thought he was going to college for engineering or at least that what's his gofundme page stated. I would have thought he had dreams of being an engineer. Hmm. So not liking his lot in life is cuz he wasn't in a recording studio getting paid for writing and performing his own rap lyrics. Huh?

Wonder if that's the same excuse he'll use for racially targeting and subsequently killing a white man in Center City?

Last edited by Kamms; 01-18-2019 at 03:35 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 12:36 PM

Well, it seems that Philly's new plan to combat violent crime has landed with a thud.

For some reason, community activists are behind this plan to create, enhance, and engage in racial profiling.

I forgot to mention, there's an additional $4.4 million of spending involved for ''programs''. Wonder how many of these community activists lined-up at last week's press conference are the beneficiaries of this $ by way of their organizations implementing these new ''programs''.

The plan also includes ''targeting'' black males between the ages of 16-34 with pre-violence intervention, including knocking on their doors. Hmm. One may think this is a form of racial profiling; any concerns are allayed apparently because the community activists have endorsed this plan. Going forward, no need for constitutional or other safeguards of civil rights as long as community activists have endorsed implementing racial profiling.

Up to age 34? Yikes.

So while Philly PD is investigating the latest case of name calling or intervening to mediate between business owners and trespassers, our $ is going to these community activists replacing law enforcement. Nice.

Last edited by Kamms; 01-24-2019 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 12:59 PM

Now we have our local celeb Mill Meek stepping into the criminal justice reform movement. Does anyone think Mr. Mill, formerly known as Bob Williams, is the best case for leading criminal reform?

Perhaps Mr. Williams should do volunteer work or donate tons of $$ to to womens' shelters, you know places where women are forced to go to escape violence and in many cases to save their lives. You know, the end result of women after the lyric scenarios outlined in Mill Meek's tunes like "F**k B*tches Get Money''.

So, Mr. Williams has a 10 year hit and run with the legal system for drug and gun charges. Keeps violating probation; judge finally throws the book at him. All Mr. Williams needed to then was accuse the judge (an African American female) of trying to make personal gain off his fame or really infamy. Instant criminal reform.

Anyone know the results of the investigation regarding these accusations?

Next, we have a national focus on the racist legal system complete with Mayor Kenney thumbing his nose at our local judicial system by visiting Mill Meek in jail. Then the Sixers have Bob Williams flown via helicopter from jail to the Wells Fargo Center and have him at center court ringing the Liberty Bell.

Future is looking bright...''Young & Getting It''. Thanks for your personal input regarding criminal justice reform movement Bob Williams. Just accuse your judge of corruption.

Btw, does anyone else think Mayor Kenney has a man crush on Jay Z?

Last edited by Kamms; 01-24-2019 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 07:14 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Yes, the case is still on the court docket even if it's off the media docket. So, yes, it did go away in the media as is the entire point of the above posts. No one stated that the criminal court case was dismissed.

There is no amateur video of this incident due to the fact that it happened so quickly. There is a security video though that allegedly shows White stabbing Schellenger to death.

Which leads to the issue of the ''argument'' between Schellenger-Unknown Black Motorist. How intense could this have been if no one was really paying attention to it? Otherwise, there would be witnesses to the original dispute, then White inserting himself into it, pulling a knife on Schellenger, and stabbing him to death. People began to notice what was happening after White inserted himself into the equation, because the incident quickly escalated resulting in Schellenger's death. The Unknown Black Motorist drove off after White arrived probably because his exchange with Schelleger wasn't a big deal to him but for some reason was to ''came from non-involved outta nowhere'' White.

I doubt the exchange between Schellenger-Unknown Black Motorist was all that intense. It was enough though to trigger White though.

What was it that made White want to go after Schellenger? What was it about Schellenger that triggered White? What could it be...?
Why would it hit the media again until the trial begins? Too much attention will affect jury selection. It be will hard enough as it is. The jury pool of summoned people will probably number at least 100 because of the publicity it did get. I've already formed an opinion so I would be dismissed from any jury for this case. That is likely to happen with others as well.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:46 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Well, it seems that Philly's new plan to combat violent crime has landed with a thud.

For some reason, community activists are behind this plan to create, enhance, and engage in racial profiling.

I forgot to mention, there's an additional $4.4 million of spending involved for ''programs''. Wonder how many of these community activists lined-up at last week's press conference are the beneficiaries of this $ by way of their organizations implementing these new ''programs''.

The plan also includes ''targeting'' black males between the ages of 16-34 with pre-violence intervention, including knocking on their doors. Hmm. One may think this is a form of racial profiling; any concerns are allayed apparently because the community activists have endorsed this plan. Going forward, no need for constitutional or other safeguards of civil rights as long as community activists have endorsed implementing racial profiling.

Up to age 34? Yikes.

So while Philly PD is investigating the latest case of name calling or intervening to mediate between business owners and trespassers, our $ is going to these community activists replacing law enforcement. Nice.
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...public-health/

More info here. I am still forming my thoughts on this one... I will post them later.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:19 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:

Up to age 34? Yikes.

What makes this different from that other kind of "racial profiling" is the end to which this strategy will be put.

They're looking to address this as a public- or behavioral-health problem rather than a criminal-justice one.

So those knocks at the door would likely result in some form of counseling, or therapy, or harm reduction, rather than in citations and trips to the police station. That alone would probably make this more acceptable to community residents and activists.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Why would it hit the media again until the trial begins? Too much attention will affect jury selection. It be will hard enough as it is. The jury pool of summoned people will probably number at least 100 because of the publicity it did get. I've already formed an opinion so I would be dismissed from any jury for this case. That is likely to happen with others as well.
It would be a huge media case though if, in fact, White's story was true.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
What makes this different from that other kind of "racial profiling" is the end to which this strategy will be put.

They're looking to address this as a public- or behavioral-health problem rather than a criminal-justice one.

So those knocks at the door would likely result in some form of counseling, or therapy, or harm reduction, rather than in citations and trips to the police station. That alone would probably make this more acceptable to community residents and activists.
So why is racial profiling an issue otherwise? What happened to probable cause? Why can't cops do this otherwise?

So, we'll have trained professionals or cops doing this random, door-to-door counseling, therapy, and ''harm reduction''?

I don't trust how Philly spends its $$ generally and many of these social programs in particular.

Structured families used to be a great social crime fighting program.

Last edited by Kamms; 01-25-2019 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-25-2019, 11:43 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
So why is racial profiling an issue otherwise? What happened to probable cause?
I would allow the police to use ANY profiling in order to bring criminals to justice. As race is a descriptive that actually helps the police identify someone it is a relevant tool. However, I in no way condone using race to unjustly arrest, or harass people, nor do I approve of "stop and frisk". That is a civil rights violation, as there is no probably cause other than potentially race which is also illegal.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,486,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I would allow the police to use ANY profiling in order to bring criminals to justice. As race is a descriptive that actually helps the police identify someone it is a relevant tool. However, I in no way condone using race to unjustly arrest, or harass people, nor do I approve of "stop and frisk". That is a civil rights violation, as there is no probably cause other than potentially race which is also illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia