Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 08:31 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
The blatent disrespect for authority is a huge problem. Sucker punching a mentally disabled person, a police officer... whats next a pregnant woman??

Also, how embarassing that this is happening on 15th and Chestnut. I'm sure the guests at the future W Hotel will love it.
Leadership in the city has completely died since Kenney took office. I can't remember the last time I saw a news update with him in it. Shouldn't he be out and working through some of these very basic issues with the commissioner?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:05 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Leadership in the city has completely died since Kenney took office. I can't remember the last time I saw a news update with him in it. Shouldn't he be out and working through some of these very basic issues with the commissioner?
I have a feeling he's going to be a one-term wonder. He's a weak leader, and I say that as someone who voted for him in the 2015 primary.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:29 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
The blatent disrespect for authority is a huge problem. Sucker punching a mentally disabled person, a police officer... whats next a pregnant woman??

Also, how embarassing that this is happening on 15th and Chestnut. I'm sure the guests at the future W Hotel will love it.
Crazily, when I cross that intersection I never see any of this. But, yeah, since my part of Spring Garden is over run with schools I make sure I'm not there or in that part of CC when schools let out.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
My friend moved from the south up to philly last Thursday and is living at the corner of 15th and Chestnut. This is his first real urban expirence, and so far he has loved it lol. I told him to live further away from the CBD and Broad street is better, but he wanted to be where the action is and is embracing it.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
I have a feeling he's going to be a one-term wonder. He's a weak leader, and I say that as someone who voted for him in the 2015 primary.
He will probably run again and win again if he does. Street won even while the Feds were trying to nail him wrt corruption.
Too many of us got spoiled by Nutter who was a little weak during his first term but made up for it in his second.

But who knows? Maybe Brian Sims might challenge Kenney in 2019.

Last time we had a one term mayor was Bill Green almost 40 years ago.

Part of the problem with this mess is that current police commissioner isn't anywhere near as good as Charles R. The PPD seems to do a lot better when the commish is not a product of the PPD or a veteran of it. The uptick in crime is happening under the current guy's watch. Almost time to show him the door.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
My friend moved from the south up to philly last Thursday and is living at the corner of 15th and Chestnut. This is his first real urban expirence, and so far he has loved it lol. I told him to live further away from the CBD and Broad street is better, but he wanted to be where the action is and is embracing it.
If he is living in the Avenir, the units in there are nice. Well, hey, at least he's not scared! lol

Old 06-08-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
There's some fluff article this week about who he's dating. I mean...wtf. And he took that first direct flight from Philly to Iceland that was aborted for plane trouble.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:07 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
If he is living in the Avenir, the units in there are nice. Well, hey, at least he's not scared! lol
Correct. One thing he doesn't like about the building is that it feels a lot like a hotel. Other than that, he told me it's great.

It's just somewhat ironic, because the week that someone burnt down the houses at 20th and Wharton, 4 of my coworkers moved to 20th and Wharton. They like Point Breeze so far. Though the one guy said it was a mistake to talk from old city back to PB at 3am the other night lol..

Old 06-08-2017, 03:28 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,458,232 times
SW Philly:
http://6abc.com/news/stepfather-arre...-old-/2071943/
This is one of the most heinous crimes here in recent memory ... Sounds like something a whacked out meth tweeker would do in the Midwest or Southwest of the U.S., not in SW Philly.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:30 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,458,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I don't think there's any reason for adults to be scared - just know when to bail out when things start looking a certain way. That, or carry protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia