U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-17-2017, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
12,001 posts, read 12,255,623 times
Reputation: 8319

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Girard Estates is fantastic and, yes, Mafia members did live there but I think some of the current members are in Packer Park.
Yeah-or Jersey
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 PM
 
6,939 posts, read 3,213,033 times
Reputation: 3152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Wow-what lazy and incompetent reporting. Germantown and Cumberland is not Germantown, not even close. That is deep into North Philly and East of Broad at that, more like Fairhill- 9th and Lehigh.

Girard Estates is a beautiful neighborhood-one of my favorites. Although there was some serious mafia related crimes there in the 70s and 80s, including the infamous porch bomb that Bruce Springsteen immortalized in his song Atlantic City "well they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night". Of course the "chicken man" was Phil Testa.
That area is in lower North Philadelphia and it's the Hartranft section.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-22-2017, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
2,130 posts, read 1,330,239 times
Reputation: 2407
Strawberry Mansion:
http://6abc.com/police-investigate-d...nsion/2441261/
The neighborhood has a pretty name ...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM
 
10,787 posts, read 7,870,399 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Strawberry Mansion:
http://6abc.com/police-investigate-d...nsion/2441261/
The neighborhood has a pretty name ...
It's named after the 18th century mansion that sits adjacent to it. But you know that, I'm sure.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-22-2017, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
2,130 posts, read 1,330,239 times
Reputation: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
It's named after the 18th century mansion that sits adjacent to it. But you know that, I'm sure.
I did not ... but I appreciate your condescending sarcasm.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-22-2017, 09:25 PM
 
10,787 posts, read 7,870,399 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I did not ... but I appreciate your condescending sarcasm.
It's one of the Fairmount Park mansions like Lemon Hill, Cedar Grove, Mount Pleasant.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-23-2017, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
2,130 posts, read 1,330,239 times
Reputation: 2407
Center City (16th and Arch):
http://6abc.com/toddler-shoots-uncle...hilly/2444903/
Even toddlers are getting in on the action!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-23-2017, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
2,130 posts, read 1,330,239 times
Reputation: 2407
Kensington:
http://6abc.com/victim-targeted-by-g...e-say/2443293/
Just sitting in a van @Clearfield and Custer ...


Strawberry Mansion:
http://6abc.com/police-call-for-city...oting/2446030/
Just another good time at a bar like this one @26th and West Sergeant ... a fistfight, guy shoots the other one in the leg and the bar empties out with everybody attacking one another.


North Philly (8th and West Clearfield):
http://6abc.com/man-critical-after-b...lphia/2446071/
Let's look at the bright side - the 'victim's' street cred is now second to none.


I know I'm a little late, but they caught the NE Philly pervert who was going after little girls:
http://6abc.com/photo-released-of-su...dents/2432156/

Last edited by 2002 Subaru; 09-23-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-23-2017, 04:53 PM
 
10,787 posts, read 7,870,399 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Center City (16th and Arch):
http://6abc.com/toddler-shoots-uncle...hilly/2444903/
Even toddlers are getting in on the action!
I pretty much walk through there every single day. In fact I crossed that intersection, right behind where that silver suv is parked with the crime scene tape, an hour before it happened.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-23-2017, 04:56 PM
 
10,787 posts, read 7,870,399 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Kensington:
http://6abc.com/victim-targeted-by-g...e-say/2443293/
Just sitting in a van @Clearfield and Custer ...


Strawberry Mansion:
http://6abc.com/police-call-for-city...oting/2446030/
Just another good time at a bar like this one @26th and West Sergeant ... a fistfight, guy shoots the other one in the leg and the bar empties out with everybody attacking one another.


North Philly (8th and West Clearfield):
http://6abc.com/man-critical-after-b...lphia/2446071/
Let's look at the bright side - the 'victim's' street cred is now second to none.


I know I'm a little late, but they caught the NE Philly pervert who was going after little girls:
http://6abc.com/photo-released-of-su...dents/2432156/
I didn't know anything this last link.

I read recently that a number of homeless dudes are sex offenders. I had never thought about that before.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top