Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,573 times

Advertisements

So my BF and I are finally moving in together when we went over where to live, we decided we wanted to be somewhere that was equal distance to our previous area (Willow Grove/Warrington), as well as his base (he's a military man). I found out that Conshohocken is that location. I have been reading all about Conshohocken, and it seems great. However, the median rent price is a little higher than I had hoped. If we can't find anywhere else, we'll still move there, and we'll be able to afford it.. but since we want a wedding & kids soon, we'd rather spend less money on rent and put it towards our future. Are there any areas that are REALLY close to Conshohocken but are not as pricey? I realize that might be an impossible thing, but no harm in trying, right? lol.

* I don't mean to say we want a place as nice as Conshohocken (as much as I'd love that), but we're willing to forgo some nice things in order to save money. And I figured I wouldn't be able to find a place similar to Conshohocken without having to spend just as much anyways.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,667,187 times
I would imagine that rents get cheaper as you go up Butler Pike towards Ridge Ave, where there are quite a few apartment complexes. You could also try Plymouth Meeting or East Norriton, along Germantown Pike. Norristown would definitely be cheaper but parts of it aren't very nice.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM

41,737 posts, read 74,713,397 times
I don't know much about Bridgeport other than I drive through it a few times a week, but you could look into apartments there. Plymouth Township is another possibility; there are scads of apartment buildings in the area.

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,743,344 times
Norristown and Bridgeport are the bottom of the barrel in Montgomery county but it never hurts to look. Bridgeport is pretty small. Try Philadelphia Apartments for Rent | Philadelphia PA Apartments | Philadelphia Pennsylvania Rentals and in Montgomery County look in East Norriton and Norristown which out at it's edges isn't bad. Timberlake was always nice)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia