Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Probably referring to Anthony Gargano. - Couldn't pay me to listen to him.

Howard's son is Brett or "Spike"

It is Spike, my bad

Gargano aka the Cuz would be better alone also. I hate Glenn Macnow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
I can't stand Tony Bruno. Literally can't listen to him.

My favorite was Steve Fredericks and Mike Missanelli, now I'm going back to the 90's. (RIP Steve)

Did you ever listen to Missanelli when he was paired with Stephen A. Smith? OMG, now that was unlistenable.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I can't stand Tony Bruno. Literally can't listen to him.

My favorite was Steve Fredericks and Mike Missanelli, now I'm going back to the 90's. (RIP Steve)

Did you ever listen to Missanelli when he was paired with Stephen A. Smith? OMG, now that was unlistenable.

I always wanted Angelo to have the 10am to 3pm slot. I feel he is too valuable to that station to be on at 5am to 10am

Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
FILL for Angelo Cataldi when he is on vacation? I thought he was not well liked at WIP so to hear him with Al and Rhea sounds so strange in the morning.

To me Eskin is a lot better when he works alone.
I enjoy listening to Eskin with Al and Rhea much more than Angelo. Angelo is a phony buffoon and he grates on my nerves.

Last edited by Larry Bowa; 08-28-2013 at 04:08 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
I enjoy listening to Eskin with Al and Rhea much more than Angelo. Angelo is a phony buffoon and he grates on my nerves.

What does Eskin do so much better that makes him better with Al and Rhea?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
What does Eskin do so much better that makes him better with Al and Rhea?
I personally find his voice isn't annoying like Angelo's, he doesn't force fake laughs like Angelo and he's more knowledgable. And this is coming from somebody who HATED Eskin for a lot of years, but he seems to have mellowed which has made him more likable.
Years ago I called Eskin's show and told his producer I hope he (Eskin) dies for Christmas, that's how passionate I was in my hate for the man. I've mellowed, too.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I personally find his voice isn't annoying like Angelo's, he doesn't force fake laughs like Angelo and he's more knowledgable. And this is coming from somebody who HATED Eskin for a lot of years, but he seems to have mellowed which has made him more likable.

But you say mellowed out like he was a hot head-lol He was always cool as ice when I called in and said.........."how you doing Howard? and would respond with........"I never had a bad day in my life"

LOL. He was always mellow to me until someone stupid called in. And like me he doesn't have a lot of patience with stupid people.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
But you say mellowed out like he was a hot head-lol He was always cool as ice when I called in and said.........."how you doing Howard? and would respond with........"I never had a bad day in my life"

LOL. He was always mellow to me until someone stupid called in. And like me he doesn't have a lot of patience with stupid people.
Are you black? He's ALWAYS kissed black ass, trying to act like he was "down" or something.

And you're wrong about him not having patience with "stupid" people ... he lost patience with people who DISAGREED with him. Big difference.
And when somebody would say something negative about the Eagles, no matter how true, they were "stupid," too.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Are you black? He's ALWAYS kissed black ass, trying to act like he was "down" or something.

And you're wrong about him not having patience with "stupid" people ... he lost patience with people who DISAGREED with him. Big difference.
And when somebody would say something negative about the Eagles, no matter how true, they were "stupid," too.

Yes I am black but I heard him be rude to stupid black guys who called into the show. And if you gave good reasons why you had a negative statement about the eagles then he would not call you a nitwit or dope.

He did not discriminate when it came to stupid callers, he attacked all races lol

Old 08-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yes I am black but I heard him be rude to stupid black guys who called into the show. And if you gave good reasons why you had a negative statement about the eagles then he would not call you a nitwit or dope.

He did not discriminate when it came to stupid callers, he attacked all races lol
He's quicker to attack a white "moron."

Oh, no, about the Eagles. He'll make excuse after excuse for them, but'll bash the Phillies in an instant (even though they're the ones who broke our championship drought).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: