Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM

353 posts, read 809,525 times

Advertisements

Than a rich expensive suburb with snobby rich folks that could careless if I die and are very anti social yet they worry about showing off.....Just venting and expressing how I feel about this.....Being not everyone in the so called hood/ghetto is a killer/drug dealer/rapist or crazy person....there are working class people that make the best of what they can afford....North Philly is not that bad..and Philadelphia is no Compton California.....

Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

4,443 posts, read 3,973,180 times
I'm not sure I'm ready for the ghetto.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM

2,471 posts, read 3,996,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Than a rich expensive suburb with snobby rich folks that could careless if I die and are very anti social yet they worry about showing off.....Just venting and expressing how I feel about this.....Being not everyone in the so called hood/ghetto is a killer/drug dealer/rapist or crazy person....there are working class people that make the best of what they can afford....North Philly is not that bad..and Philadelphia is no Compton California.....
As someone who has spent considerable time living in what most would term "ghettos" I'd wholeheartedly disagree.

Not everyone in the ghetto is a killer/drug dealer/rapist or crazy person. In fact the vast majority are not. All you need however is to catch one bullet from one person and your life is over.

Generally I'd rather be friends with someone who lives in a ghetto then someone who lives in a huge mansion, but as far as where I lay my head down at night? Give me some soulless snobby suburb over the worst parts of philly. I couldn't stand to live in a suburb but I'd rather be annoyed than dead.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM

882 posts, read 1,660,145 times
Over generalizing a bit much? I'm sure not everyone in a wealthy urban area, say Rittenhouse Square or Society Hill is down to earth, and I'm sure there are plenty of humble people in blue collar suburban areas in PA and SJ.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:12 PM

50 posts, read 91,100 times
Quote:
grow up. k?

Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 PM

166 posts, read 276,313 times
Quote:
I can see where you're coming from. But not everyone in the suburbs is snobby and uptight. Where do you think people in the 'hood move to when they get money? They run straight to the suburbs so they can be around other working class people like themselves and contribute back into society. Stop generalizing the people in the suburbs, they're friendly, classy, working class people, and they tend to be really down to earth and kind once you get past their general closed exteriors (if they even have one).

Old 02-19-2014, 04:16 PM

225 posts, read 392,706 times
Quote:
Oh stop. The burbs is not my cup of tea which is why I choose to live in the city. The burbs has many strong points. The ghetto not so much. There are much better options that are not with a burbs or the hood. Small towns, stable city neighborhoods, rural areas you name it.

I am a minority and used to live in the hood. Still have family living there. Why did I leave when I had the chance? I have no romantic notions about the hood. Sure there are good people who live in the hood. There are also predators and if you can place yourself as far away from those predators common sense dictates that you do so.

The hood is also lacking in easily accessible goods and services that make life comfortable. Sure it is cheap to live there but that also makes it a magnet for the sick, addicted and mentally unbalanced as well as the criminal class who are shut out of mainstream society. They all live there along with all of those poor but good people.

Sorry there is no nobility in living in an environment that has as many challenges, dangers and risks as the hood does. It is where you live when you can't do better. When you can do better you leave and get as far away as possible.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:44 PM

9,309 posts, read 12,897,127 times
Quote:
Cool story, bro. I'll give you an E for effort.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,467,213 times
How about a suburban area that isn't snobby? Or an urban area that isn't ghetto? Those would be my choices.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 PM

353 posts, read 809,525 times
Oh generalizing??? As if....9 out of ten people that have money or are rich are @#$#%%$ and corrupted....how many times have you seen a person in a Lamborghini stop and give money to a homeless person at a corner stop light in a wheel chair that truly has missing legs? None,at least I have,they rather rather give money to a bunch of little teenage school girls who dress in tights and have jars that have the words soccer team written on them these same girls go to private schools that have millions already...yet the parents allow their kids to stand in the middle of the streets asking for money claiming its to raise money for their little corrupted clubs.... and they mess with traffic....oh pleases.. again...how many times have you seen a man in a Bentley or Lambo give money to the homeless? Unless a camera is on and they do it for show how many times in one day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia