Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,557,096 times

Advertisements

Love their hoagies! They've always had good Amoroso rolls -- now they're just baked in-house, using the same dough from Amoroso. Texture is a little different, but still good.

I always get an Italian hoagie. Is it the same as from a local hoagie place? No, the provolone isn't as sharp, but it's waaaay cheaper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 AM

221 posts, read 397,562 times
They've definitely gone downhill in the past few years but they're still not bad. If you accept the fact that you're not getting the best/most authentic hoagie it's great for the convenience. I think they started pre-slicing the meat too and that's gotten worse (especially the turkey). Overall I still enjoy Wawa hoagies, maybe its just loyalty to Wawa, and its way better than eating at Subway.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 AM

11,999 posts, read 12,857,418 times
I'm a fan, but I haven't had their new baked in-house rolls. Obviously there are much better places but Wawa can be easy and convenient, especially late at night.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:57 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,809,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcs15 View Post
Meh. They used to be good but not anymore. I remember when they'd slice the deli meat for you're hoagies and had the rolls delivered everyday. Also when they took the order on paper rather than computer. I hate the pre sliced, sitting out all day, meat and cheese. They don't even let you get cheese or meat (I loved getting their american cheese). Now it is something I don't mind if its 1 AM and everything else is closed but not something I ever get in the "mood" for.

Anyone else remember also when they carried Pizza Hut? I loved how I could grab breadsticks.

They also ruined the iced tea. It used to be awesome. And $1.29 for the big container. It was also 90 calories per serving now its like 150. They added too much sugar and other junk.

They don't seem to understand the "don't broke don't fix it" concept. There are many things that made people loyal Wawa customers and it seems now they sold out. Even now I just went in to get the Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel and apparently they discontinued it. WTF Wawa? Now it is replaced by gross cheesecake bites that taste like hot plain cream cheese. Yuck.
I remember buying that big container of ice tea that would last me all day back in 99

Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,809,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snwmn5 View Post
They've definitely gone downhill in the past few years but they're still not bad. If you accept the fact that you're not getting the best/most authentic hoagie it's great for the convenience. I think they started pre-slicing the meat too and that's gotten worse (especially the turkey). Overall I still enjoy Wawa hoagies, maybe its just loyalty to Wawa, and its way better than eating at Subway.
Better than subway? Not going that far

Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,502,003 times
I love Wawa hoagies with a fiery passion.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Better than subway? Not going that far
What? Subway is absolutely disgusting-the bread, the meat.

I have no idea how they survive in the Philly area.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 AM

7,249 posts, read 10,502,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

1000% agree. The smell of Subway literally nauseates me. There is no comparison to Wawa.

I also don't understand the comments about Wawa's quality going "downhill" over the past few years, although maybe their rapid expansion outside of the Philly area is stretching their quality control too thin. However, I think they do a great job keeping their offerings current and interesting.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
1000% agree. The smell of Subway literally nauseates me. There is no comparison to Wawa.

I also don't understand the comments about Wawa's quality going "downhill" over the past few years, although maybe their rapid expansion outside of the Philly area is stretching their quality control too thin. However, I think they do a great job keeping their offerings current and interesting.
Haha, yes! That smell
Subway to remove the controversial 'yoga mat chemical' ingredient from bread - NDTVCooks.com

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 04-17-2014 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM

9,316 posts, read 12,916,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Wawa comes in handy when you have the munchies in the wee hours of the morning. Their Hoagies and Steaks are "OK" but they do make a very good "chicken salad" hoagie.
Co-signed. I also don't get the Amoroso hate. I personally don't think they make the greatest rolls in the world, but I don't see what anyone could find disgusting about them, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

How does Olive Garden survive in Times Square?

One thing I do like about Subway: their flatbread breakfast sandwiches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia