Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,182 times

Advertisements

My husband is being relocated to Concordville, PA and I am being relocated to Collegeville, PA. We need to find some place in-between. We have 2 school age children that are very involved in sports (softball). Looking for a safe town, low taxes, and good schools. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 06:43 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
The good news is that all of the school districts in between, and including those towns, are pretty good. Exton is extremely suburban so I would rule that out if you want a town. West Chester is a great little town and the county seat of Chester county. Phoenixville might be a good choice. It's safe, more affordable and a better commute to Collegeville for you. Around Phoenixville - Phoenixville, PA News and Events I also think Collegeville is a great town if your husband would be willing to be the only commuter. Route 202 can be a bear of a commute.

You can compare schools and school districts here: SchoolDigger.com - Compare Phoenixville Area High School to other Pennsylvania schools

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:55 PM

283 posts, read 463,657 times
Phoenixville might be good, though the commute to Concordville might be tough. It is a great town, I live there, and I absolutely love it. BTW SchoolDigger is really not a good way to judge how good schools are. It is a great school, better than most of the schools in the Chesco-Monto border area, save Great Valley, Perk Valley, and maybe Methacton. Here is the school profile: http://www.pasd.com/cms/lib02/PA0100...ile%202014.pdf
With all that being said, I think it's worth considering. I just graduated from PAHS, and have nothing but positive things to say. I was very actively involved in the school community and in turn, was met with a lot of success and a bright future. I'd be happy to answer any questions about Phoenixville or any other towns in the area, I'm very familiar with it. I don't think you could go wrong anywhere based on where you are looking.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
PhillyPhan, With all due respect, you've just told us you are a recent High School graduate, I would guess that posters on this board collectively know just as much about the towns the OP is asking about as you do. For instance, I have lived in four counties in Pennsylvania and I know other posters have moved around also. If we had not moved, I think you would have gone to school with one of my kids. We lived on the other end of the township, closer to Booths Corner's, for 6 years. The one thing about that area, IMHO, is that it's not really a town, it's an area. There is no main street and city hall. It's houses and shopping. Great schools though.

Not sure what you don't like about the schooldigger site. Numbers are not the be all, end all for a school search but I've found it works well to eliminate school districts with really low scores and to compare HS. If you have another school info site that is not a competitor to city-data, please post it.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 AM

283 posts, read 463,657 times
I was referring to Phoenixville, not Concordville, in my post; sorry if that was not clear. Phoenixville is most definitely a town. And also, sure the collective knowledge of the other posters in the Philly is greater than my own. Yes I'm a recent high school grad. I don't think that is grounds for trying to discredit my opinion and insight into my own town and school district. I'd try to avoid making the mistake of assuming that young people don't really know what they're talking about. The other posters may know more about the area, but where are they?

Last edited by PhillyPhan95; 07-15-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia