Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 05:56 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,199,548 times

Advertisements

Do we really need another Rocky movie, almost 40 years after the first one came out?

People....find something else to do with your time! Rather than enriching overpaid actors, directors, & producers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 08:33 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,726,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
MORE than cheese steaks and Rocky. I was just watching the game with friends last Sunday only to watch them show another 3 minute clip of Pats & Geno's, along with narration. Of course everyone had to ask the guy in the Cunningham jersey about cheese steaks as if thàt's ALL we eat, or that's ALL there's is to eat. As for the Rocky saga.... Damm, let it die. I loved the movie and theme song.....( back in '76) In another 13 months it'll be the year " 2016," so 40 years later the city will still have an stronger than needed association with that character. As the the city continues to grow and evolve I'd like to see it views as a more cosmopolitan destination such as Chicago.

As much as the run the " Deep Dish Pizza & Brats" in the national media during sporting events, the nation still recognizes Chicago as a cosmopolitan city known for it's skyscrapers, theaters, Great Lakes, etc.. The fattening foods are an extra. Philadelphia should be the same way IMHO. Rocky should be in the same sphere as " Home Alone," and " The Griswold family.
As I said earlier if a chunk of the Art Museum steps are removed, wrt plans to do so, it could end any desire to run up those steps.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:41 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,905,368 times
Phew, that's good-I was getting worried that too many years have passed since there has been a new Rocky installment haha.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:27 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,506,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankInPhilly View Post
Normally, when a sequel count gets this high I'd start screaming "make it stop!" But since we'll have Philly location shots all I'll ask is that the grandkid gets a better nickname than the ones used in some of the recent movies (Tommy "The Machine" Gunn? Mason "The Line" Dixon? They can do better )
Or no nickname at all. Im sure he will get his but wiped in this film to set ul another sequel. Its fun to see Rocky become the Mickey of the franchise though.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,506,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why do people always hate on Rocky V? Rocky V had the best plot of the six movies. You have the all too familiar story of the athlete who blows his wealth, moves back to the old neighborhood, and loses sight of what's most important.

I really liked the fight against Tommy Gunn with the El rumbling overhead. Very grimey. I liked that it wasn't as cartoonish as the third and fourth installments.

"Hey Rock, you need some help?"

"Nah fellas, this ain't no pie eatin' contest."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSY2_aC8WQ
James Lang was the best villian of the series. Im trying to see your cartoon references. The first boxer to totally destroy Rocky and the last fight that meant anything to his boxing career.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:18 AM

32,006 posts, read 34,580,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
James Lang was the best villian of the series. Im trying to see your cartoon references. The first boxer to totally destroy Rocky and the last fight that meant anything to his boxing career.
Rocky III was totally cheesy. Any movie with Mr. T and Hulk Hogan is bound to be cartoonish. Rocky IV was almost as bad with the Soviet guys standing up to clap for Rocky at the end.

I personally rank the movies in the following order.

Rocky II - He wins! Plus, I like how obsessed Apollo became about beating him: "I won but I didn't beat him!" The fight was also better than the fight in the first movie.

Rocky - I liked the slower and more serious tone.

Rocky V - I liked how they took it back to the streets. Not as campy as IV and V.

Rocky III - Best quote of the series: "My prediction? Pain!" Plus, Eye of the Tiger.

Rocky IV - "I will break you!" and "He is not human. He is a piece of iron."

Rocky Balboa - Barely even remember it.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:56 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,641,332 times
Rocky Balboa had the "It's not how hard you get hit...It's how hard you can GET hit, and keep moving forward!" monologue.

it was way better than V, sorry.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 PM

32,006 posts, read 34,580,903 times
Good movie. Love how they incorporated so much Philly culture in the movie as well as local places like the Electric Factory, Max's and the Front St. Gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rKGaLGLgU0

Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 PM

7,735 posts, read 5,491,689 times
This movie is awesome and people should go see it!! The hype is real.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:04 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,726,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
This movie is awesome and people should go see it!! The hype is real.
Just saw the trailer and it looked fantastic. The 40th anniversary of the original is next year. This film kinda brings it all full circle. The original was such a sweet, unexpected, surprise and, of course, I remember when it was new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia