Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,665 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the safety of the Drexel Medical College area? It's located at 2900 W Queen Ln. I've never been in the area before and am considering moving there. The only thing that concerns me is the safety of the area. I heard that Center City is relatively safe, but the medical college is located 7 miles north of there. Is it safe to live close to the medical college? If not, where do you recommend living? Should I live in Center City and commute? Thanks a lot!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 06:54 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,661,227 times
It's an easy commute from CC because there is a bus stop and train station within a block or two. If you live around campus, stay on the same side of Route 1 as the campus and you should be fine. The neighborhood is a bit nicer on the campus side of Wissahickon Avenue as well. There are a lot of students and young people in the East Falls area.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:01 PM

12,000 posts, read 12,846,364 times
That's my neighborhood!-but I'm actually in Germantown, right across Wissahickon near the Queen Lane station. It is perfectly safe around the campus but somewhat close to some dicey areas.

I would recommend Center City only if you want a more urban experience, but as maf763 noted the commute is painless-15-20 min via train, bus, driving or even biking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia