Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
I take the 10 trolley to work every day from 15th Street Station at rush hour, and it is by far the most infrequent of the 5 lines running through there. Sometimes the 34 and 36 will come by 3-4x before a 10 comes, although it usually comes every 10-12 minutes at morning rush.
Yup, nothing has changed in regards to the 10 trolley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 05:50 PM

8 posts, read 6,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Also city Septa buses, unlike in NYC, stop essentially every block. They can slow things up significantly.
^^ this is really true. When I was in Europe I was surprised to find that the buses stopped every 3-5 blocks. It made getting places faster, but it was sometimes a little annoying having to walk back a long distance if I missed my stop.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:36 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamandroid View Post
^^ this is really true. When I was in Europe I was surprised to find that the buses stopped every 3-5 blocks. It made getting places faster, but it was sometimes a little annoying having to walk back a long distance if I missed my stop.
The other downside to that model is that you can miss your bus trying to get to the next/previous stop. Nothing sucks more than the bus whipping by you as you're running to the bus stop.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:21 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,492 times
The route 27 doesn't run that great even during rush hour. I've had to let several go because they were packed. Luckily I live on a street where I can take the 62 or walk to Walnut and get the 9.

The thing is every 33 and 17 I see has just about every seat filled. I bet those 2 routes have the highest ridership on SEPTA.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:56 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
The 17 had 4 buses in a row this morning because the first one was running behind a school bus. It would have been funny if it wasn't annoying.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:36 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,226,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
The route 27 doesn't run that great even during rush hour. I've had to let several go because they were packed. Luckily I live on a street where I can take the 62 or walk to Walnut and get the 9.

The thing is every 33 and 17 I see has just about every seat filled. I bet those 2 routes have the highest ridership on SEPTA.
The route 23 has a ridership competitive with the better traveled regional rail lines (as do some other buses).

Something of note - at some point (not knowledgeable enough to know when) SEPTA split up individual routes that didn't exactly match. For example, some cities would have something like the route 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D, etc. which are all on the same schedule and run on the same main line, but serve different outlying areas.

The SEPTA routes 9, 27, and 32 all used to be one route, the A. What turned into the 9 and the 27 were express variations of that route. In which case all the individual routes are pretty poor on their own (and you can always tell a Roxborough person by the dance they do at Broad and Walnut trying to look down both streets at the same time for different buses), but when you consider that it actually is all the same basic route, it's pretty decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia