Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:59 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,989,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
What's weird about it is there is no STAR on the sixers that is giving you a show so what are so many people going to the game for to watch a winless team when parking is not free and the food prices are extremley high??
It doesn't matter if there is a star or not because the 76ers are still the only NBA team in town, so you will always people who want to watch an NBA team play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It doesn't matter if there is a star or not because the 76ers are still the only NBA team in town, so you will always people who want to watch an NBA team play.

Well maybe people are buying tickets to see the OTHER TEAM lol Like this week you will have the spurs and thunder coming to town

Old 12-04-2014, 04:43 PM

240 posts, read 422,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
But why not just watch from home for free? Especially when the team is so bad. It is the feeling of being in the arena amongst thousands of other fans that people enjoy just as much as watching the game? I guess the Sixers should be thankful that they have so many dedicated fans that are still willing to spend money on them.

Also, I feel bad for the Sixers. They're a young team. I think the more they lose, the more it breaks their confidence. Hopefully, the win they got yesterday will turn things around for them.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
But why not just watch from home for free? Especially when the team is so bad. It is the feeling of being in the arena amongst thousands of other fans that people enjoy just as much as watching the game? I guess the Sixers should be thankful that they have so many dedicated fans that are still willing to spend money on them.

Also, I feel bad for the Sixers. They're a young team. I think the more they lose, the more it breaks their confidence. Hopefully, the win they got yesterday will turn things around for them.
To me it just doesn't make good sense to pay for parking and the high food at the arena to see a 1-18 team

Old 12-04-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Some people like watching games in person.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
To me it just doesn't make good sense to pay for parking and the high food at the arena to see a 1-18 team
At least the tickets are still cheaper than what Lakers fans pay.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:02 PM

240 posts, read 422,812 times
Quote:

And depending on where you live, there is the issue of traffic, gas and tolls in addition to the high cost of food and parking. It's not worth it to me.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
And depending on where you live, there is the issue of traffic, gas and tolls in addition to the high cost of food and parking. It's not worth it to me.
Plus add to all of that it's a 80% chance they will lose and they have to stars who will give you a show. So what exactly are you gaining by going to a sixers game in 2014? lol

Old 12-05-2014, 04:19 AM

677 posts, read 672,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
What's baffling is people are STILL going to Sixers home games! Last Sunday's Inquirer(first edition)had a front page story about it, with the headline(in red), "Why?".
They go for a night out and to (as somebody else stated) see the other teams. Some people simply enjoy basketball more than others. Plus, I heard there's free and very cheap tickets being distributed all over the place ... I'm sure there are forms of entertainment people on this thread enjoy that make some say "Why?"

Old 12-05-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
They go for a night out and to (as somebody else stated) see the other teams. Some people simply enjoy basketball more than others. Plus, I heard there's free and very cheap tickets being distributed all over the place ... I'm sure there are forms of entertainment people on this thread enjoy that make some say "Why?"

But what's starting to happen is the other teams are resting their best players. So when Cleveland comes here they will be resting lebron james
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia