Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:45 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times

Advertisements

Montgomery County is the best. I wish I never had to leave it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM

69 posts, read 223,790 times
Bucks County is wonderful, though some areas are pricier than others. Doylestown is beautiful, we'd be staying in this area if we could - but "circumstances" changed and we are heading to the Scranton area to a really nice town called Moscow. We hope to be as happy there as we have been here - we are actually in Jamison, a town or two over from Doylestown. My kids went through the Central Bucks SD and did great.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
Hi Jenne03.... Just read your original input and all the rsponses. Helps me too! If I didnt know better I typed your input. LOL Exactly what I would have typed , however I need more the 300-400 range. Husband could work in Alexandria, DC or Baltimore.....We want something within an hour of these cities. Affordable homes, friendly, mid west atmosphere ....I prefer older street lined homes (bungalows) etc but theyre always in the city areas with the worse schools. Im going to look at some of these suggestions everyone typed. Have you found any good ones? My friend and her family built a beautiful home in Doylestown, Pa and they love it! Shes very picky about schools, neighborhoods etc....Her neighorhood all play bunco, friendly, normal people! lol etc..... Have you found any ideas?

Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmomdad42 View Post
Hi Jenne03.... Just read your original input and all the rsponses. Helps me too! If I didnt know better I typed your input. LOL Exactly what I would have typed , however I need more the 300-400 range. Husband could work in Alexandria, DC or Baltimore.....We want something within an hour of these cities. Affordable homes, friendly, mid west atmosphere ....I prefer older street lined homes (bungalows) etc but theyre always in the city areas with the worse schools. Im going to look at some of these suggestions everyone typed. Have you found any good ones? My friend and her family built a beautiful home in Doylestown, Pa and they love it! Shes very picky about schools, neighborhoods etc....Her neighorhood all play bunco, friendly, normal people! lol etc..... Have you found any ideas?

Philadelphia is about 2.5 hours from Baltimore, 3.5 hours from DC and 4 hours from Alexandria. If minimizing your trip to any of these areas is important, you will want to look into Delaware.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM

6 posts, read 28,773 times
ok. I like this thread but would like some additional insights. We already live in a burlington county suburb in NJ with a 25-45 minute (depending on traffic) commute into center city by car. we are looking to move to some other suburb because of basically for a better school district. Besides school distrcit we are looking at beaty/scenic, nice people, commute into city, taxes, affordable new home (around 6 hundred, but not near 7). media looked nice after reading in discussions with a walkable downtown. did have a couple of questions - how are taxes here (currently pay philly city taxes). about schools, do the SAT scores matter much - I saw that moorestown, nj ranked near like 100 compared to media (rank 28), but had SAT scores higher than penncrest high (in media). thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,353 times
Wallingford is the perfect place to raise a family great school district, good people, white colar community. The houses are affordable but still pricey enought to keep the ... out. On average your look to spend in the ball park of 40-50 thousand a year on taxes, mortgage and utilities. So if you have a 6 figure salary it is the perfect town

Last edited by FindingZen; 06-28-2011 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: watch the characterizations; not the best way to introduce yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia