U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:32 AM

69 posts, read 62,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDragon View Post
As far as internet providers, you pretty much have Comcast (boo) and Verizon FiOS (slightly quieter boo). FiOS is in most areas in Bucks & Montgomery counties but it's still kind of neighborhood by neighborhood so check when you're looking at houses.
I agreed with NovaDragon about the booing to Comcast and FiOS, soley based on pricing. As far as quality and dependable service in the area, FiOS wins hands down.

I have, however, seen better prices with Comcast, but for packages with slower Internet speeds.

It's a matter of speed quality (FiOS) vs. price (Comcast) in my opinion.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 05:39 PM

66 posts, read 55,740 times
Loving all the replies folks, thank you. Sounds like some great general areas up there and i'm excited about the prospect of relocating back "home" to the Northeast. Would that general area be considered high risk for flooding? Stats I found online are shoddy, not really giving a positive or negative on it.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:40 PM

24 posts, read 11,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlar2007 View Post
Generally true with a minor correction: Feastervile/Trevose is not depressed in any sense.
Mehhhh

You are not 100% accurate there.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:09 PM

662 posts, read 424,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlar2007 View Post
Generally true with a minor correction: Feastervile/Trevose is not depressed in any sense.
And not all of Levittown is bad either. The only areas of Levittown to be avoided are the sections in Bristol Township. The parts in Falls and Middletown Townships (Pennsbury and Neshaminy schools respectively) are fine. As for Fairless being a mixed bag, again just avoid the sections that are in Bristol Township.

The general buffer zone is Bristol, Croydon, Cornwells Heights-Eddington, Andalusia and most of Bensalem. This region is very close to adjacent areas of Philly and is known as the "armpit" of Bucks County. Beyond that, Morrisville is the only other place worth mentioning that is not so great since it is right across the river from Trenton and there is a spillover effect.

I personally like Falls Township since it feeds into Pennsbury which is a good school district and has the cheapest taxes in the area because of Waste Management.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:07 AM

613 posts, read 378,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingBigger1 View Post
Mehhhh

You are not 100% accurate there.

You bumped a four-year-old thread for that?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:51 AM

296 posts, read 171,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
You bumped a four-year-old thread for that?
While we are here, it is worth noting that Langhorne has changed a lot in the last 4 years. Having grown up there, I effectively witnessed the exile of Philadelphians and the colonization of this area by them. Langhorne used to be a cowtown. Now it is starting to look like Las Vegas, neon signs, etc.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswontsp View Post
While we are here, it is worth noting that Langhorne has changed a lot in the last 4 years. Having grown up there, I effectively witnessed the exile of Philadelphians and the colonization of this area by them. Langhorne used to be a cowtown. Now it is starting to look like Las Vegas, neon signs, etc.
Yes everyone around here keeps kvetching about the damn monument they put at the corner of northbound Lincoln Hwy and Oxford Valley Rd. Get over it.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:20 PM

296 posts, read 171,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
Yes everyone around here keeps kvetching about the damn monument they put at the corner of northbound Lincoln Hwy and Oxford Valley Rd. Get over it.
No thanks, what do you know about my reservations anyway? I'll tell you a little tidbit. I grew up there where Oxford Valley Rd is, and it once belonged to my family farm where we harvested tomatoes for Campbell's in the early 1900's. That land was eventually taken by our lovely government via eminent domain to build that highway. So, no, I won't just "get over it".

It looks like a circus, sure, but it is also very distracting and will only lead to more accidents in that area. And it is the NY/NJ drivers weaving and darting through that will cause a majority of them.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswontsp View Post
It looks like a circus, sure, but it is also very distracting and will only lead to more accidents in that area. And it is the NY/NJ drivers weaving and darting through that will cause a majority of them.
Sure it is distracting, but so is everything else along the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia