Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:13 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,501,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Some places in center city are less congested like

5th and Market to 7th and Market

17th and JFK to 20th and JFK

4th and Chestnut to 8th and Chestnut

4th and Walnut to 8th and Walnut

2nd and Arch to Broad and Arch

The HEAVY CONGESTED AREAS are

2nd and Market to 4th and Market
8th and Market to City Hall
15th and Market to 20th and Market
11th and Chestnut to 21st and chestnut
10th and Walnut to 21 and Walnut
So go stick to your less congested areas and quit your whining. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 06:39 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,215,895 times
Quote:
Some places in center city are less congested like

5th and Market to 7th and Market

17th and JFK to 20th and JFK

4th and Chestnut to 8th and Chestnut

4th and Walnut to 8th and Walnut

2nd and Arch to Broad and Arch
-The stretch between 4th and Walnut to 8th and Walnut will become more congested once 500 Walnut, which is under construction, is complete.
-4th and Chestnut to 8th and Chestnut will undergo the same fate once 709 Chestnut begins construction.
-17th and JFK to 20th and JFK has the potential to become much busier once CITC is finished construction. There is also a collection of properties on 19th and Arch that may be developed, which might bring new life to JFK.
-5th and Market to 7th and Market is now a wild card since Liberty Property Trust has control of the ex-Basciano garage on 6th and Market. If we see new development there, then this stretch will tie perfectly into the new developments occurring in Market East.

Arch Street is a tough one, but I'm rooting for it! It is low density and chock full of surface parking lots east of Broad. If we can get a new intercity bus terminal in University City in conjunction with the capping of SEPTA's Powelton Yard and Amtrak's Penn Coach Yard, then a prime parcel at 10th and Filbert will open up. I hope we will see some serious height there!

Old 06-28-2015, 06:59 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
-The stretch between 4th and Walnut to 8th and Walnut will become more congested once 500 Walnut, which is under construction, is complete.
-4th and Chestnut to 8th and Chestnut will undergo the same fate once 709 Chestnut begins construction.
-17th and JFK to 20th and JFK has the potential to become much busier once CITC is finished construction. There is also a collection of properties on 19th and Arch that may be developed, which might bring new life to JFK.
-5th and Market to 7th and Market is now a wild card since Liberty Property Trust has control of the ex-Basciano garage on 6th and Market. If we see new development there, then this stretch will tie perfectly into the new developments occurring in Market East.

Arch Street is a tough one, but I'm rooting for it! It is low density and chock full of surface parking lots east of Broad. If we can get a new intercity bus terminal in University City in conjunction with the capping of SEPTA's Powelton Yard and Amtrak's Penn Coach Yard, then a prime parcel at 10th and Filbert will open up. I hope we will see some serious height there!

So there is no where to go on a 1st date in Center City with a calm atmosphere???

Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,501,408 times
Quote:
So there is no where to go on a 1st date in Center City with a calm atmosphere???
Nope. Go move to the burbs or the boonies.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,064,932 times
Quote:
If you want a calm atmosphere, try the suburbs.

Seriously, who is going to Center City looking for "calm"?

Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
If you want a calm atmosphere, try the suburbs.

Seriously, who is going to Center City looking for "calm"?

So every time you go out you want to be in a rowdy environment?

Old 06-28-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Why not a calm, pleasant walk in Fitler Square past Walnut Street at night? That will surely amaze a girl. 24th Street north of JFK? Not so much. Other than that, there aren't that many calm spots left in CC. CC is undergoing a metamorphosis, being invigorated with new, exciting, urban life. If you consider CC to be from Girard to Tasker, however, then you may be able to find a spot!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Why not a calm, pleasant walk in Fitler Square past Walnut Street at night? That will surely amaze a girl. 24th Street north of JFK? Not so much. Other than that, there aren't that many calm spots left in CC. CC is undergoing a metamorphosis, being invigorated with new, exciting, urban life. If you consider CC to be from Girard to Tasker, however, then you may be able to find a spot!
Where is Filter Square?

And I guess my choice is to go out on a Tuesday or Wednesday Night if I want calm.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Where is Filter Square?

And I guess my choice is to go out on a Tuesday or Wednesday Night if I want calm.
Fitler Square's boundaries are 20th Street to the east, the Schuylkill River to the west, South Street to the south, and Walnut Street to the north. It is a very beautiful neighborhood of 3-4 story colonial rowhomes near Rittenhouse Square to its eastern extremity.

Your guess would be a good one, depending on the street.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,678,578 times
Quote:
I am not whining I just don't see why they want to draw tons and tons of people to a very small area. They showed a clip of people at Penn's Landing on the news and it just looked so congested. I don;t want a bunch of strangers all around me and prefer to have my space.
Then stay home. Why even be in the city when it implies being surrounded by strangers on a daily basis?
Do you get that more people, potentially, brings more money into the city? The city is poor; we need income.

Anyhow, I, obviously, disagree with you on just about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia