Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:52 AM

666 posts, read 479,214 times

Advertisements

Ha I actually definitely want to extend my vacation. My boyfriend is insistent on waiting until the day of to figure it out! I think that is a bad idea so trying to convince him otherwise. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Ha I actually definitely want to extend my vacation. My boyfriend is insistent on waiting until the day of to figure it out! I think that is a bad idea so trying to convince him otherwise. Thanks for the help!
Good luck!!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:54 AM

1,213 posts, read 955,181 times
Oh stop it. It won't be all that bad. I'm coming back Saturday night from a trip to Costa Rica. While I would like to extend it, that's not an option, so home I come. The OP is in Grad Hospital. That's 95 to Washington Ave. Will definitely take a bit longer than usual, but very doable and most likely won't be an issue. Now parking is whole different issue...

Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Quote:
Stay longer, for the love of God STAY AWAY!
^^ This.

Well let's see...does it make sense to come back and have no place to park?.....unless you have an assigned INDOOR garage spot. Heck, suppose you do live in a townhouse with the garage, you could come home and find it blocked by some knucklehead....do you really want to deal with that, then? There's a parking squeeze in that area all the time anyway...without the pope.

ALSO IF you come back I would make as wide a swing around as I could...another let's see...uh, with the BF Bridge closed....you don't think the WW will be CRAZY?.....Hell, I'd come down through Jersey and swing all the way down and around to the Commodore Barry, and come up.....and THAT still might be bad. Do you really want to be caught up with people who might be trying to come in town.

AND UNLESS the NFL has moved the Eagles game Sunday evening will be bad as well.*
*((EDITED TO CORRECT (see below Eagles game NOT in Philly))

There's no way I'd come back Saturday. However, if you do I also would like you to come back and tell us about it.

But you and your BF will be together. Maybe you could turn it into a road adventure you tell your kids and grandkids some day! ...."I remember when we came home when the pope was in town....it was......" That kind of adventure I wouldn't need but "you do you..."

Good luck. Enjoy your vacation.

Last edited by selhars; 08-07-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Oh stop it. It won't be all that bad. I'm coming back Saturday night from a trip to Costa Rica. While I would like to extend it, that's not an option, so home I come. The OP is in Grad Hospital. That's 95 to Washington Ave. Will definitely take a bit longer than usual, but very doable and most likely won't be an issue. Now parking is whole different issue...
lol you must not be reading all the articles out there about this situation.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:49 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,928,108 times
Eagles game is away that week.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
^^ You're right...got my weekends mixed up.....they're home in Philly the 20th... that's the Sunday the Pope is in Cuba before coming to the U.S. on Tuesday...whew!

I still wouldn't come home during the Pope's Philly visit, though.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:14 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,578 times
I live in the POPE ZONE. Going out of town but come back Sunday. No chance to get my car into my garage since I won't be allowed in. Will have to park in NJ somewhere and possibly walk the ben franklin bridge to get home or try PATCO. Will be super fun with all our stuff and dog.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,355 times
There are over 1.5 million people expected to flood Philadelphia. If I had a little more faith in the City Leadership and Septa then I'd say come on home, but since I don't, it's best to stay out.
I don't think any of this happened when JP2 came.
Not to mention, us Catholics get crazy lol.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:06 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
There are over 1.5 million people expected to flood Philadelphia. If I had a little more faith in the City Leadership and Septa then I'd say come on home, but since I don't, it's best to stay out.
I don't think any of this happened when JP2 came.
Not to mention, us Catholics get crazy lol.
NONE of it happened when JP2 came in 1979. Few street closures. No highway closures that I recall. No transit shutdown. But it was a different world. No one had a single thought about domestic terrorism. And, about a million people showed up that time. The altar was set up on top of Logan Circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia