Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 05:54 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,758,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I think it's good for these young guys learning how to win all these one-run games. To be taken seriously, these are the types of games they're going to have to win someday in September and October.
Right now I'm thinking 1993 with these guys. Not '07, '08 or '09.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Right now I'm thinking 1993 with these guys. Not '07, '08 or '09.
My issue with comparing them to the '93 team is that was a team with a huge influence of veteran castoffs having career years all at once. A "one and done," if you will.
This is a young club with the opportunity to be good for years to come. The only similarities in my mind are that they both were picked to finish at the bottom.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
From first place in attendance(right?) to last place in a relatively short amount of time kinda proves that J-Roll was right when he described Phillies fans as "fair weather" fans or something like that. I remember the negative reaction to what he said and here we are with, essentially, no one in CBP. Sigh.

I've been a Phillies for a LONG time....since the 1950s.... through bad times/good times. I have never given up on them.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
From first place in attendance(right?) to last place in a relatively short amount of time kinda proves that J-Roll was right when he described Phillies fans as "fair weather" fans or something like that. I remember the negative reaction to what he said and here we are with, essentially, no one in CBP. Sigh.

I've been a Phillies for a LONG time....since the 1950s.... through bad times/good times. I have never given up on them.
I've never given up on them, but I won't give them my money when they stink.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I've never given up on them, but I won't give them my money when they stink.
Understood. But they don't stink right now so where is everybody?

Old 05-15-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Better weather is coming, it should pick up then.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:47 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:

Last night's game pushed their attendance up one notch, so no longer in last place in the NL.

Phils drew over 3M from 2007-2013, leading the NL 2010-2012. Attendance has fallen by 600K each year the last two seasons, falling down to 1.8M last season.

Read this morning where the new GM Klentak says he is concerned about the offense and the negative run differential (Phils have been outscored by 25 runs this season), but he's not forgetting they're still in rebuild mode. Seems like he's interested in doing some small tweaking if some of these half-dozen or so players don't start hitting soon.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Quote:
Well the Phillies are not last in attendance but they are bottom 1/3. Far cry from 2007-2011.

Fair weather? Maybe so but the owners and organization reap what they sow. Provide the Phillies fans with a standout product and they will support you like no other.

Give the Phillies fans Slop to watch the last 4 years and they will turn you off. I have no problem with Phillies fans voicing their displeasure by not paying their hard earned money to watch a terrible product.

And Im not fooled by this smoke and mirror act. This house of cards is going to be collapsing soon.

The Phillies owners began a $5 BILLION dollar Tv deal this season with Comcast. 2/3 of their roster is making the MLB minimum salary. How cheap can these miser owners be?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Quote:
RF+ LF are hitting below .200. Other than Odubel herrera , Velasquez and Nola there is no one on this team that makes you want to go to the ball park.

They built a launching pad little league field which was genius but they have no one that can take advantage of it.

Despite the wins its a very boring team to watch.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Well the Phillies are not last in attendance but they are bottom 1/3. Far cry from 2007-2011.

Fair weather? Maybe so but the owners and organization reap what they sow. Provide the Phillies fans with a standout product and they will support you like no other.

Give the Phillies fans Slop to watch the last 4 years and they will turn you off. I have no problem with Phillies fans voicing their displeasure by not paying their hard earned money to watch a terrible product.

And Im not fooled by this smoke and mirror act. This house of cards is going to be collapsing soon.

The Phillies owners began a $5 BILLION dollar Tv deal this season with Comcast. 2/3 of their roster is making the MLB minimum salary. How cheap can these miser owners be?
If you haven't read it yet, check out the article about John Middleton in Philly mag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia