U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2016, 09:17 AM
 
12,714 posts, read 28,539,620 times
Reputation: 7277

Advertisements

Thanks to Becca8377 for the suggestion and search regarding all things Cheese-steak, we now have a thread dedicated just to that!! Any new cheese-steak threads will be merged in here as well.

Best Cheese steaks and dessert in Philly

best philly cheesesteak sandwiches - where to find them?

Best Philly Cheesesteak in Center City Area? (along Walnut, Chestnut, Spruce)

where's the best Cheesesteak in town?

Best cheesesteak in Philly?

Philly Cheesesteaks

Cheese Steaks

Best place for Cheese Steak in Philly

Philly Cheese Steak

Thieving Pittsburgher's Stealing Our Award
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-16-2016 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2016, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Capitol Hill - Washington, DC
3,168 posts, read 4,728,325 times
Reputation: 3400
Thank you!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 10:09 AM
 
808 posts, read 487,568 times
Reputation: 1074
Might be good to make it a sticky so newbies who have designs on creating a cheesesteak thread will hopefully see it right up top and therefore won't create a new thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 625,971 times
Reputation: 1572
Default Cheesesteak and a Show at Tony Luke's

The last two times I had Tony Luke's, I was up half the night dealing with 'internal' issues ... Anyway, funniest thing I ever saw/heard at a food establishment was at the Front and Oregon Tony Luke's about fifteen years ago: The guy working the window was your typical (not that there's anything wrong with it) skinny, greasy, big-nosed, South Philly Italian neighborhood guy with the great accent and no inhibitions. Anyway, this shapely young woman places her order with him, and as she's walking away, he sticks his head out the window, looks right, looks left (the direction she was departing) and says loud and clearly enough for the next fifteen people in line to hear "Maaan, I'd hit dat right inee*ss!" And (for those of you that know what I mean) he had the knuckles going and all. Classic South Philly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa & NYC
2,815 posts, read 2,014,503 times
Reputation: 1074
The one thing about cheese-steaks like most other foods, it's hard to pick the best. You can go to the same place more then once and not get the same thing. There is nothing rocket science about a cheesesteak, other then the guy or gal making them. I would say my biggest complaint when going to the same place, I may get more cheese on it today then I did last week.

That being said my favorite sandwich is a Reuben. Besides a Diner or Restaurant who has good one's for take out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 625,971 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The one thing about cheese-steaks like most other foods, it's hard to pick the best. You can go to the same place more then once and not get the same thing. There is nothing rocket science about a cheesesteak, other then the guy or gal making them. I would say my biggest complaint when going to the same place, I may get more cheese on it today then I did last week.

That being said my favorite sandwich is a Reuben. Besides a Diner or Restaurant who has good one's for take out?
I know you asked about a Reuben, but on a related note, Al's Corner @Torresdale and Rhawn makes a mean grilled corned beef special. One of my favorite sandwiches in the city.


Regarding the 'best': There is no 'best,' it all depends on personal preference. It's not a sporting competition. lol
My best or favorite is whatever one I'm in the mood for at the time. Too many people waste too much time trying to convince others their stupid cheesesteak/hoagie/pizza/seafood/Italian/steak joint is better than everybody else's. I like most places ... OINK, OINK, OINK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Dude...., I'm right here
1,188 posts, read 754,220 times
Reputation: 637
My buddy is visiting from England and I recommended that tomorrow he tries out a hoagie at Wawa's for the best Philly cheese-steak experience

Speaking of sandwiches, nothing comes close to a prime beef sandwich when it comes to subs/sandwiches. Now if only I could get a place that does prime rib sandwiches on a properly done baguette (the French make the tastiest bread. Period!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2016, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Center City, Philadelphia
4,686 posts, read 2,893,507 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
My buddy is visiting from England and I recommended that tomorrow he tries out a hoagie at Wawa's for the best Philly cheese-steak experience
go to primo's instead

Quote:
Speaking of sandwiches, nothing comes close to a prime beef sandwich when it comes to subs/sandwiches. Now if only I could get a place that does prime rib sandwiches on a properly done baguette (the French make the tastiest bread. Period!).
Johnny Brenda's use to have a prime rib sandwich that was out of this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2016, 11:23 AM
 
12,714 posts, read 28,539,620 times
Reputation: 7277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Might be good to make it a sticky so newbies who have designs on creating a cheesesteak thread will hopefully see it right up top and therefore won't create a new thread.
Unfortunately, we can only have two stickies. This thread has been linked in both of them.
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2016, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa & NYC
2,815 posts, read 2,014,503 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
I know you asked about a Reuben, but on a related note, Al's Corner @Torresdale and Rhawn makes a mean grilled corned beef special. One of my favorite sandwiches in the city.


Regarding the 'best': There is no 'best,' it all depends on personal preference. It's not a sporting competition. lol
My best or favorite is whatever one I'm in the mood for at the time. Too many people waste too much time trying to convince others their stupid cheesesteak/hoagie/pizza/seafood/Italian/steak joint is better than everybody else's. I like most places ... OINK, OINK, OINK!
Thanks, I will check that out. When I am up that way I usually go to Shefs Pizza. They have pretty good Reubens. Not thrilled with Shefs cheese-steaks though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top